Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘Unmasking Antifa Act' includes 15-year prison term proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Most states already have 'anti mask' laws in place that either upgrade a charge or are a separate charge entirely, but nowhere near a 15 year penalty. This is pretty clearly just political grandstanding.
    It's not just wearing masks though, it's also attacking or intimidating someone for enjoying their rights.

Also the law allows for a fine or up to 15 years in prison. It's highly unlikely someone is going to get 15 years in prison for shouting at someone while wearing a mask. Now if the person were beating someone with a baseball bat while wearing a mask because their victim dared to express their first amendment rights then they might get 15 years and I would have no problem with that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    It's not just wearing masks though, it's also attacking or intimidating someone for enjoying their rights.

Also the law allows for a fine or up to 15 years in prison. It's highly unlikely someone is going to get 15 years in prison for shouting at someone while wearing a mask. Now if the person were beating someone with a baseball bat while wearing a mask because their victim dared to express their first amendment rights then they might get 15 years and I would have no problem with that.
    I edited my post. Felony assault carries a lesser penalty than this law.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I edited my post. Felony assault carries a lesser penalty than this law.
    The government tends to take things more seriously when the intent of the lawbreakers is to attack another person's rights.

There is already a similar law where if two people just conspire to intimidate someone from enjoying their rights they can face up to 10 years in prison, and if they go ahead and attack the person and end up killing them they can receive the death penalty. This is a separate law from manslaughter so even if they accidentally killed the person, but they went there to harass them because they were expressing their free speech, they can still receive the death penalty.

So really this law isn't much different than what laws already exist, expect it takes away the conspiracy requirement, adds on the disguise requirement, and adds an extra possible 5 years to the sentence.

4. Default

I would like to formally request an exemption from this law on behalf of the ninja community.

Please, allow me to state my case...

The Official Ninja Post

Real Ultimate Power

Hi, this post is all about ninjas, REAL NINJAS. This post is awesome. My name is Robert and I can't stop thinking about ninjas. These guys are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet.

Facts:

1. Ninjas are mammals.
    2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.
    3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Weapons and gear:

Testimonial:

Ninjas can kill anyone they want! Ninjas cut off heads ALL the time and don't even think twice about it. These guys are so crazy and awesome that they flip out ALL the time. I heard that there was this ninja who was eating at a diner. And when some dude dropped a spoon the ninja killed the whole town. My friend Mark said that he saw a ninja totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't believe that ninjas have REAL Ultimate Power you better get a life right now or they will chop your head off!!! It's an easy choice, if you ask me.

Ninjas are sooooooooooo sweet that I want to crap my pants. I can't believe it sometimes, but I feel it inside my heart. These guys are totally awesome and that's a fact. Ninjas are fast, smooth, cool, strong, powerful, and sweet. I can't wait to start yoga next year. I love ninjas with all of my body (including my pee pee).

Q and A:.

Q: Why is everyone so obsessed about ninjas?
    A: Ninjas are the ultimate paradox. On the one hand they don't give a crap, but on the other hand, ninjas are very careful and precise.

Q: I heard that ninjas are always cruel or mean. What's their problem?
    A: Whoever told you that is a total liar. Just like other mammals, ninjas can be mean OR totally awesome.

Q: What do ninjas do when they're not cutting off heads or flipping out?
    A: Most of their free time is spent flying, but sometime they stab. (Ask Mark if you don't believe me.)

This is a picture of my best friend Mark showing off. He's a lot older than me and almost done with puberty, which is bragable.

Link to me, by cutting and pasting the link box!
    FastCounter by bCentral
    ================================================== ==
    realultimatepower.net
    All material here is the property of Robert Hamburger
    Copyright 2005

Thank you.

realultimatepower.net
    All material here is the property of Robert Hamburger
    Copyright 2005

Ninjas suck. Cowboys could kick their asses.

Ninjas suck. Cowboys could kick their asses.
    Yeah but what about Chuck Norris, who is a cowboy AND a ninja (sort of).

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    Yeah but what about Chuck Norris, who is a cowboy AND a ninja (sort of).
    Other than Bruce Lee, only Chuck Norris can kick Chuck Norris's ass.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

The government tends to take things more seriously when the intent of the lawbreakers is to attack another person's rights.
    So really this law isn't much different than what laws already exist, expect it takes away the conspiracy requirement, adds on the disguise requirement, and adds an extra possible 5 years to the sentence.
    There are already mask laws and assault laws in, for example, Washington DC.

Mask law:
    § 22–3312.03. Wearing hoods or masks.
    (2) With the intent, by force or threat of force, to injure, intimidate, or interfere with any person because of his or her exercise of any right secured by federal or District of Columbia laws, or to intimidate any person or any class of persons from exercising any right secured by federal or District of Columbia laws;
    (b) Any person who violates any provision of § 22-3312.02 or § 22-3312.03 shall be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by a fine not more than the amount set forth in § 22-3571.01, or imprisonment not to exceed 180 days, or both.
    Agg. assault
    (b) Any person convicted of aggravated assault shall be fined not more than the amount set forth in § 22-3571.01 or be imprisoned for not more than 10 years, or both.
    My point is that if agg assault is already a 10 year penalty, and using a mask while doing it is already a misdemeanor, what's the point of combining the two into a 15 year sentence unless you're trying to score antiantifa points?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

I WAS enjoying reading these forums, but the "masked" TGO01 intimidated me with his avatar, and now I'm not enjoying my rights anymore.
    15 years in jail.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Are your rights being pooped on by a person hiding behind a masked anon-avatar online? Maybe the Phillie Green guy pushed you? Did someome at a masquerade ball suddenly trigger you?

You're in luck! Trump will prosecute!
    Last edited by rolfard; 07-11-2018 at 12:36 PM.