Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘Unmasking Antifa Act' includes 15-year prison term proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Way to not answer the simple questions that would help me understand your point. Or did you just realize you have no point?
    I realize that you can't get past your false equivelency questions. You ask them all the time, trying to get someone to commit to an either or answer in a non-either or situation. I mean, it works for preschoolers I'm sure, but this here is the big leagues son: this is the PC, not Pre K. Ask better questions, get better answers.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    I realize that you can't get past your false equivelency questions. You ask them all the time, trying to get someone to commit to an either or answer in a non-either or situation. I mean, it works for preschoolers I'm sure, but this here is the big leagues son: this is the PC, not Pre K. Ask better questions, get better answers.
    Your complaint was the law is "so vague" that someone wearing a mask and threatening another person for sitting on a park bench could be swept up under this law.

This is your comment. I didn't make it for you. So no it's not a "false equivelency" question; you either think something like this should be legal or it shouldn't be legal. Which is it?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 07-11-2018 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Your complaint was the law is "so vague" that someone threatening another person for sitting on a park bench could be swept up under this law.

This is your comment. I didn't make it for you. So no it's not a "false equivelency" question; you either think something like this should be legal or it shouldn't be legal. Which is it?
    Except that's not what you asked was it. You can't quote yourself without editing? Here, let me do it for you:

I'm confused. If someone is sitting on a park bench minding their own business and some thug in a mask comes along and threatens this person saying we don't want you sitting on this here bench, you don't think that should be a crime?

Or do you just think the UP TO 15 years is a bit much?
    Bold added for emphasis by me. There's your false equivelency. You imply that I either believe one or the other, when it is entirely possible to believe that it both. Furthermore, my main contention has been abundantly clear from the start: that the law is overly broad, and as such wouldn't withstand a legal challenge, which I clearly stated. You don't need to search for what I believe, it's right there in my posts.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Except that's not what you asked was it. You can't quote yourself without editing? Here, let me do it for you:
    Really? That's what you're bitching about? That I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you think it should be illegal to threaten someone for sitting on a park bench but that your complaint is that 15 years is too much? My mistake for thinking you were a human being.

Furthermore, my main contention has been abundantly clear from the start: that the law is overly broad, and as such wouldn't withstand a legal challenge, which I clearly stated. You don't need to search for what I believe, it's right there in my posts.
    Okay, yeah, great, nice deflection. Do you think it should be illegal for a masked hooligan to threaten someone for sitting on a park bench?
    Last edited by Tgo01; 07-11-2018 at 10:50 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So when it's terrorism against country- that's worth stronger sentencing. But when it's terrorism against a minority group it's not. Yeah, equality is clearly very important to you.

You're asking to make an exception to the way we handle sentencing in this ONE case. EVERY other crime's sentencing is at least ostensibly about the damage to the victim and the number of victims involved. You want terrorism against minority groups to be the single case where we don't take that into account- to treat it as a lesser crime that does less damage to the victims and which has fewer victims.

As a point of advice to you- if you're more offended by the punishment of hate crimes than the hate crimes themselves- you probably shouldn't be pretending to care about equality.
    If you're more offended by a crime against one human being than you are against another human being, you're a fully functional racist.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I was prepping them for when/if shit popped off in my neighborhood. Not because I'm in my early 40's have a mid-life crisis.
    Feh, been buying ammo long before it was cool.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    30 boxes. . .
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

So when it's terrorism against country- that's worth stronger sentencing. But when it's terrorism against a minority group it's not. Yeah, equality is clearly very important to you.

You're asking to make an exception to the way we handle sentencing in this ONE case. EVERY other crime's sentencing is at least ostensibly about the damage to the victim and the number of victims involved. You want terrorism against minority groups to be the single case where we don't take that into account- to treat it as a lesser crime that does less damage to the victims and which has fewer victims.

As a point of advice to you- if you're more offended by the punishment of hate crimes than the hate crimes themselves- you probably shouldn't be pretending to care about equality.
    Nice strawman. I didn't say any of these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

Seriously- why do you even bother saying things like this?
    Seriously- why do you even bother saying things like this

Um. How is that exactly?

You know- labeling all efforts to account for and combat prejudice as bigoted only serves to protect actual bigotry and to deny Justice to its victims.
    When you refuse to call out bigotry like this?

It's like you're just full of shit or something. Golly.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Feh, been buying ammo long before it was cool.
    When was buying ammo not cool?