Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: ‘Unmasking Antifa Act' includes 15-year prison term proposal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    And let's stop with the dissent bullshit. You really think Antifa is out there protesting the government because Trump is a bigoted racist? No. They are out there physically attacking people. Have you not heard of all of the attackers Antifa has been involved in? Or are you just choosing to ignore those attacks because it doesn't fit your argument?
    This case in particular isn't dissent, but if this were passed it would definitely be a slippery slope in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    This case in particular isn't dissent, but if this were passed it would definitely be a slippery slope in the future.
    The law isn't designed at all to quell peaceful dissent. Dissenters have plenty of options to avoid breaking this law, namely don't wear a mask and don't show up at a rally just to cause trouble.

Sounds like the simple solution is to not wear a mask.

Round up people knowingly breaking the law? I don't see the problem here.

And let's stop with the dissent bullshit. You really think Antifa is out there protesting the government because Trump is a bigoted racist? No. They are out there physically attacking people. Have you not heard of all of the attackers Antifa has been involved in? Or are you just choosing to ignore those attacks because it doesn't fit your argument?
    Just because they put Antifa in the name of the bill you think it's all about Antifa and anyone against the bill thinks Antifa is OK? The law will apply to anyone wearing a mask. It's the severity of the potential penalty combined with the ambiguity of charging people in mass arrests at protests and the broadness of the bill that will quell dissent. It is most definitely not bullshit. What I described is how this bill will be abused: they'll arrest a bunch of people at a protest and claim they were intimidating people while wearing a mask. Watch how fast a potential 15 year sentence for a misdemeanor quells dissent. Now THAT'S bullshit. It's a dumb bill, designed to excite guys like you. Beyond accomplishing that, it's poorly written.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Just because they put Antifa in the name of the bill you think it's all about Antifa and anyone against the bill thinks Antifa is OK? The law will apply to anyone wearing a mask.
    Yes it will, but the bill was obviously created because right now Antifa is responsible for almost all of the actions this bill takes aim at. The bill doesn't only pertain to Antifa, but it's named after them because they are the main problem right now.

Watch how fast a potential 15 year sentence for a misdemeanor quells dissent. Now THAT'S bullshit.
    Then don't wear masks when you want to go out and cause problems. Why do you keep ignoring the very obvious simple solution here?

Mask laws were created in response to the KKK to begin with. I guess we just needed to tell all of those people who were targeted by the KKK that they should just get used to masked cowards burning their churches and buses because we can't risk other people wanting to cause trouble while wearing masks being arrested for "dissent."

Blog Entries

The law isn't designed at all to quell peaceful dissent. Dissenters have plenty of options to avoid breaking this law, namely don't wear a mask and don't show up at a rally just to cause trouble.
    Most states already have laws to combat this. This is all for show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Most states already have laws to combat this. This is all for show.
    Yes but this is a federal law so a law can be on the books for actions that take place on federal land.

It can also be used in cases where the local police/prosecutor can't be bothered to enforce their laws because they happen to agree with the people who are causing trouble.

7. Default

Yes it will, but the bill was obviously created because right now Antifa is responsible for almost all of the actions this bill takes aim at. The bill doesn't only pertain to Antifa, but it's named after them because they are the main problem right now.

Then don't wear masks when you want to go out and cause problems. Why do you keep ignoring the very obvious simple solution here?

Mask laws were created in response to the KKK to begin with. I guess we just needed to tell all of those people who were targeted by the KKK that they should just get used to masked cowards burning their churches and buses because we can't risk other people wanting to cause trouble while wearing masks being arrested for "dissent."
    It was a neo nazi that killed someone last year in Charlotte. How many people have Antifa killed in the same period? 0.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    It was a neo nazi that killed someone last year in Charlotte. How many people have Antifa killed in the same period? 0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post

Just because they put Antifa in the name of the bill you think it's all about Antifa and anyone against the bill thinks Antifa is OK? The law will apply to anyone wearing a mask. It's the severity of the potential penalty combined with the ambiguity of charging people in mass arrests at protests and the broadness of the bill that will quell dissent. It is most definitely not bullshit. What I described is how this bill will be abused: they'll arrest a bunch of people at a protest and claim they were intimidating people while wearing a mask. Watch how fast a potential 15 year sentence for a misdemeanor quells dissent. Now THAT'S bullshit. It's a dumb bill, designed to excite guys like you. Beyond accomplishing that, it's poorly written.
    Good luck, man.