Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘Unmasking Antifa Act' includes 15-year prison term proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Why are we even discussing hate crimes in this thread? Can someone explain that?
    Because when your straw-man can't hold himself up, give him a shot of racial bating. It'll prop itself right up and if anyone challenges it, they are down with racism and hate crimes and aren't worth debating with because ya trapped 'em. You did it. You won the thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Hate crimes are treated like any other act of terror- there is enhanced sentencing because the damage done is much more severe and affects far more people than would be the case if there were no hate crime component.
    Please explain to me how the family of someone who is murdered by a serial killer is much less severely damaged and affected than the family of someone who is murdered because of their skin color or sexual orientation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Please explain to me how the family of someone who is murdered by a serial killer is much less severely damaged and affected than the family of someone who is murdered because of their skin color or sexual orientation.
    Because she doesn't even know why the fuck hate crime laws were passed in the first place.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Why are we even discussing hate crimes in this thread? Can someone explain that?
    Why you so racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlander View Post
    Fake ninjas everyone knows real ninjas can't be photographed.
    Asians love taking pictures. These ninjas allowed this photograph to take place as a one time deal.
    Last edited by Methais; 07-11-2018 at 06:05 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Um. How is that exactly?

You know- labeling all efforts to account for and combat prejudice as bigoted only serves to protect actual bigotry and to deny Justice to its victims.
    While we’re talking about bigotry...

Wait- is the argument they're making here that you are actually fine with white supremacy, but you pretend to hate it when it's convenient?

Because that's some deep irony.
    What are your thoughts on this racist tweet? You forgot to answer the other day while you were talking about that irony. Which I have no doubt was purely by accident. Same for the other thread just a couple hours ago. You must be very accident prone.

(#3)
    Last edited by Methais; 07-11-2018 at 06:07 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    The sheer amount of privilege built into this question is mind boggling. Ignorance is a strategy, and you're wielding it happily.

I'll let the APA answer this question for you:

People victimized by violent hate crimes are more likely to experience more psychological distress than victims of other violent crimes.ii Specifically, victims of crimes that are bias-motivated are more likely to experience post-traumatic stress, safety concerns, depression, anxiety and anger than victims of crimes that are not motivated by bias.iii,iv,v

Hate crimes send messages to members of the victim’s group that they are unwelcome and unsafe in the community, victimizing the entire group and decreasing feelings of safety and security.vi,vii Furthermore, witnessing discrimination against one’s own group can lead to psychological distress and lower self-esteem.viii
    The mountain of research on the subject goes back decades.

And for the record- serial killers tend to get the maximum sentencing that guidelines allow for a reason. And there are reasons why there are different degrees of murder in the law, as well as manslaughter. The law does not- and has not ever- treated a crime as a crime as a crime- as you so blithely claimed earlier.
    Last edited by time4fun; 07-11-2018 at 06:18 PM.

The sheer amount of privilege built into this question is mind boggling. Ignorance is a strategy, and you're wielding it happily.

I'll let the APA answer this question for you:

The mountain of research on the subject goes back decades.

And for the record- serial killers tend to get the maximum sentencing that guidelines allow for a reason. And there are reasons why there are different degrees of murder in the law, as well as manslaughter. The law does not- and has not ever- treated a crime as a crime as a crime- as you so blithely claimed earlier.
    Um. How is that exactly?

You know- labeling all efforts to account for and combat prejudice as bigoted only serves to protect actual bigotry and to deny Justice to its victims.
    While we’re talking about bigotry...

Wait- is the argument they're making here that you are actually fine with white supremacy, but you pretend to hate it when it's convenient?

Because that's some deep irony.
    What are your thoughts on this racist tweet? You forgot to answer the other day while you were talking about that irony. Which I have no doubt was purely by accident. Same for the other thread just a couple hours ago. And again two posts up. You must be very accident prone.

(#4)
    Last edited by Methais; 07-11-2018 at 06:20 PM.

The law does not- and has not ever- treated a crime as a crime as a crime- as you so blithely claimed earlier.
    You know damn well he wasn't saying all crimes are equal, as if we should put someone on death row for littering or some such nonsense.

What he was clearly saying was first degree murder is first degree murder, why should the motivation for first degree murder carry with it an extra sentence.

Can you also explain how hate crimes are political in nature? I'm dying to know that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    You know damn well he wasn't saying all crimes are equal, as if we should put someone on death row for littering or some such nonsense.

What he was clearly saying was first degree murder is first degree murder, why should the motivation for first degree murder carry with it an extra sentence.

Can you also explain how hate crimes are political in nature? I'm dying to know that one.
    Get in line pal, we need to find out what she thinks about that racist tweet first!