Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘Unmasking Antifa Act' includes 15-year prison term proposal

Under the act, anyone "wearing a mask" or in disguise who "injures, oppresses, threatens, or intimidates any person ... in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege" would be subject to a fine or up to 15 years in prison.
    The language is too broad in both the description of what would constitute a crime, and the description of what the victim is doing. Basically sitting on a park bench would fit "enjoyment of any right or privilege" and the list of would be crimes is almost as broad. Furthermore, adding 15 years for wearing a mask would make it worse than sum punishment for the core crime in most cases.

It's not illegal to wear a mask to a protest, but it would be so easy to twist this to the point you'd have masked protesters being accused of "intimidation" because someone said they were scared, and facing a 15 year sentence instead of a misdemeanor. A little bit of overkill.
    Last edited by Archigeek; 07-11-2018 at 07:04 PM.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    The language is too broad in both the description of what would constitute a crime, and the description of what the victim is doing. Basically sitting on a park bench would fit "enjoyment of any right or privilege" and the list of would be crimes is almost as broad. Furthermore, adding 15 years for wearing a mask would make it worse than sum punishmentcor the core crime in most cases.

It's not illegal to wear a mask to a protest, but it would be so easy to twist this to the point you'd have masked protesters being accused of "intimidation" because someone said they were scared, and facing a 15 year sentence instead of a misdemeanor. A little bit of overkill.
    Lolz, you can get three years just for wearing a mask in public in Louisiana. You don't need to "injures, oppresses, threatens, or intimidates any person". Mardi Gras, Balls, Halloween is excluded of course, unless you're a sex offender.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Lolz, you can get three years just for wearing a mask in public in Louisiana. You don't need to "injures, oppresses, threatens, or intimidates any person". Mardi Gras, Balls, Halloween is excluded of course, unless you're a sex offender.
    I can go fuck someone up and it's ok as long as I'm wearing a Mardi Gras mask as long as I'm not a sex offender? Fucking right.

Last edited by Methais; 07-11-2018 at 07:05 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I can go fuck someone up and it's ok as long as I'm wearing a Mardi Gras mask as long as I'm not a sex offender? Fucking right.

No, but you can wear a mardi gras mask during mardi gras. If you fuck someone up, you'll be arrested for fucking someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    No, but you can wear a mardi gras mask during mardi gras. If you fuck someone up, you'll be arrested for fucking someone up.
    No fuck that you already said I can kick someone's ass if I'm wearing a Mardi Gras mask so that's what the law is now.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    No fuck that you already said I can kick someone's ass if I'm wearing a Mardi Gras mask so that's what the law is now.
    I did not. I said you don't need to do anything other than wear the mask to get the charge. Not that other things wouldn't create more charges.
    Last edited by Gelston; 07-11-2018 at 07:11 PM.

If I wear a mask to fuck up Antifa when they started fucking shit up, am I in the right or wrong?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    If I wear a mask to fuck up Antifa when they started fucking shit up, am I in the right or wrong?
    Yes.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.