Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 162

Thread: ‘Unmasking Antifa Act' includes 15-year prison term proposal

  1. #111

    Default

    Good summary and some myth busting.

    The wording of the bill applies to:

    -“Whoever...while in disguise, including while wearing a mask, injures, oppresses, threatens, or intimidates any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 15 years, or both.”

    -Thus, it applies to any group which would wear a mask while committing criminal acts, whether they’re the KKK, Antifa or any other group.

    -Many other states have already passed much stricter legislation. Since 1949, it has been illegal to wear a mask in public in Alabama outside of occasions like Halloween and Mardi Gras. Many other states followed suit with similar laws in direct response to the KKK.

    -In Ohio, it is illegal for two or more people to wear “white caps, masks or other disguises” while committing a misdemeanor. In West Virginia, a broad law prohibiting the wearing of masks includes several exceptions: holiday costumes and winter sports attire, among others.

    -There is nothing in this proposed bill (besides the name) that specifically targets Antifa or other leftist activist groups.

  2. #112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Good summary and some myth busting.
    But Trump!

  3. #113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    But Trump!
    But safety from rioting anarchists and communists!

  4. #114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Nice strawman. I didn't say any of these things.
    There's no straw man here. I already gave you evidence of the fact that hate crimes are significantly more damaging to the direct victims and the community. And yet you're maintaining that they shouldn't have enhanced sentencing to account for that fact. And you have yet to articulate an actual reason why hate crimes should should not take into account the same sentencing considerations that apply to ALL other crimes.

    And if you're willing to get behind enhanced sentencing for other forms of terrorism- the form of terrorism that is most likely to affect white straight christians- but not hate crimes- a form of terrorism that is most likely to affect LGBTQ/religious minority/people of color- then you are participating in the kind of casual discrimination that makes life so much harder on those people.

    Finally, I will point out that you're effectively more concerned with the well-being of the perpetrators of hate crimes than the victims.

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    A Corporate Republic
    Posts
    10,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    There's no straw man here. I already gave you evidence of the fact that hate crimes are significantly more damaging to the direct victims and the community. And yet you're maintaining that they shouldn't have enhanced sentencing to account for that fact. And you have yet to articulate an actual reason why hate crimes should should not take into account the same sentencing considerations that apply to ALL other crimes.

    And if you're willing to get behind enhanced sentencing for other forms of terrorism- the form of terrorism that is most likely to affect white straight christians- but not hate crimes- a form of terrorism that is most likely to affect LGBTQ/religious minority/people of color- then you are participating in the kind of casual discrimination that makes life so much harder on those people.

    Finally, I will point out that you're effectively more concerned with the well-being of the perpetrators of hate crimes than the victims.
    You're pretty fucking retarded.

  6. #116
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    25,290
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    There's no straw man here. I already gave you evidence of the fact that hate crimes are significantly more damaging to the direct victims and the community. And yet you're maintaining that they shouldn't have enhanced sentencing to account for that fact. And you have yet to articulate an actual reason why hate crimes should should not take into account the same sentencing considerations that apply to ALL other crimes.

    And if you're willing to get behind enhanced sentencing for other forms of terrorism- the form of terrorism that is most likely to affect white straight christians- but not hate crimes- a form of terrorism that is most likely to affect LGBTQ/religious minority/people of color- then you are participating in the kind of casual discrimination that makes life so much harder on those people.

    Finally, I will point out that you're effectively more concerned with the well-being of the perpetrators of hate crimes than the victims.
    Look at her, creating opinions for people.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  7. #117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    And if you're willing to get behind enhanced sentencing for other forms of terrorism- the form of terrorism that is most likely to affect white straight christians- but not hate crimes- a form of terrorism that is most likely to affect LGBTQ/religious minority/people of color- then you are participating in the kind of casual discrimination that makes life so much harder on those people.
    Aren't you against this "enhanced sentencing" that is "most likely to affect white straight christians" but you're for hate crime legislation?

    Didn't you just out yourself as "participating" in "casual discrimination" according to your very own logic and argument?

    It's shit like this that makes it difficult to tell if you're just the best troll to ever roam this earth or if you're just the most clueless racist bigot to ever exist. It's a tough one.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 07-12-2018 at 01:08 PM.

  8. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Aren't you against this "enhanced sentencing" that is "most likely to affect white straight christians" but you're for hate crime legislation?

    Didn't you just out yourself as "participating" in "casual discrimination" according to your very own logic and argument?

    It's shit like this that makes it difficult to tell if you're just the best troll to ever roam this earth or if you're just the most clueless racist bigot to ever exist. It's a tough one.
    Wait, is that quoted part implying that only rich, straight, white Christians are hurt by Antifa riots?

  9. #119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Wait, is that quoted part implying that only rich, straight, white Christians are hurt by Antifa riots?
    Yes. And somehow I support new laws against it because I started the thread to discuss it. I haven't even gotten around to giving my opinion on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

  10. #120
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    25,290
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Yes. And somehow I support new laws against it because I started the thread to discuss it. I haven't even gotten around to giving my opinion on it.
    No, t4f already gave you your opinion.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •