Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 162

Thread: ‘Unmasking Antifa Act' includes 15-year prison term proposal

  1. #141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    And let's stop with the dissent bullshit. You really think Antifa is out there protesting the government because Trump is a bigoted racist? No. They are out there physically attacking people. Have you not heard of all of the attackers Antifa has been involved in? Or are you just choosing to ignore those attacks because it doesn't fit your argument?
    This case in particular isn't dissent, but if this were passed it would definitely be a slippery slope in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

  2. #142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    This case in particular isn't dissent, but if this were passed it would definitely be a slippery slope in the future.
    The law isn't designed at all to quell peaceful dissent. Dissenters have plenty of options to avoid breaking this law, namely don't wear a mask and don't show up at a rally just to cause trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Some good news here. ...

    The number of non-Hispanic white people in the United States decreased for the first time in the nation's history ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    The good news I was referring to is that the deplorable boomers are dying off

  3. #143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Sounds like the simple solution is to not wear a mask.



    Round up people knowingly breaking the law? I don't see the problem here.

    And let's stop with the dissent bullshit. You really think Antifa is out there protesting the government because Trump is a bigoted racist? No. They are out there physically attacking people. Have you not heard of all of the attackers Antifa has been involved in? Or are you just choosing to ignore those attacks because it doesn't fit your argument?
    Just because they put Antifa in the name of the bill you think it's all about Antifa and anyone against the bill thinks Antifa is OK? The law will apply to anyone wearing a mask. It's the severity of the potential penalty combined with the ambiguity of charging people in mass arrests at protests and the broadness of the bill that will quell dissent. It is most definitely not bullshit. What I described is how this bill will be abused: they'll arrest a bunch of people at a protest and claim they were intimidating people while wearing a mask. Watch how fast a potential 15 year sentence for a misdemeanor quells dissent. Now THAT'S bullshit. It's a dumb bill, designed to excite guys like you. Beyond accomplishing that, it's poorly written.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

  4. #144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Just because they put Antifa in the name of the bill you think it's all about Antifa and anyone against the bill thinks Antifa is OK? The law will apply to anyone wearing a mask.
    Yes it will, but the bill was obviously created because right now Antifa is responsible for almost all of the actions this bill takes aim at. The bill doesn't only pertain to Antifa, but it's named after them because they are the main problem right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Watch how fast a potential 15 year sentence for a misdemeanor quells dissent. Now THAT'S bullshit.
    Then don't wear masks when you want to go out and cause problems. Why do you keep ignoring the very obvious simple solution here?

    Mask laws were created in response to the KKK to begin with. I guess we just needed to tell all of those people who were targeted by the KKK that they should just get used to masked cowards burning their churches and buses because we can't risk other people wanting to cause trouble while wearing masks being arrested for "dissent."
    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Some good news here. ...

    The number of non-Hispanic white people in the United States decreased for the first time in the nation's history ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    The good news I was referring to is that the deplorable boomers are dying off

  5. #145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    The law isn't designed at all to quell peaceful dissent. Dissenters have plenty of options to avoid breaking this law, namely don't wear a mask and don't show up at a rally just to cause trouble.
    Most states already have laws to combat this. This is all for show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

  6. #146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Most states already have laws to combat this. This is all for show.
    Yes but this is a federal law so a law can be on the books for actions that take place on federal land.

    It can also be used in cases where the local police/prosecutor can't be bothered to enforce their laws because they happen to agree with the people who are causing trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Some good news here. ...

    The number of non-Hispanic white people in the United States decreased for the first time in the nation's history ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    The good news I was referring to is that the deplorable boomers are dying off

  7. #147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Yes it will, but the bill was obviously created because right now Antifa is responsible for almost all of the actions this bill takes aim at. The bill doesn't only pertain to Antifa, but it's named after them because they are the main problem right now.



    Then don't wear masks when you want to go out and cause problems. Why do you keep ignoring the very obvious simple solution here?

    Mask laws were created in response to the KKK to begin with. I guess we just needed to tell all of those people who were targeted by the KKK that they should just get used to masked cowards burning their churches and buses because we can't risk other people wanting to cause trouble while wearing masks being arrested for "dissent."
    It was a neo nazi that killed someone last year in Charlotte. How many people have Antifa killed in the same period? 0.

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    24,169
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    It was a neo nazi that killed someone last year in Charlotte. How many people have Antifa killed in the same period? 0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    A Corporate Republic
    Posts
    10,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    U.S. Outpost 31, Antarctica
    Posts
    8,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Just because they put Antifa in the name of the bill you think it's all about Antifa and anyone against the bill thinks Antifa is OK? The law will apply to anyone wearing a mask. It's the severity of the potential penalty combined with the ambiguity of charging people in mass arrests at protests and the broadness of the bill that will quell dissent. It is most definitely not bullshit. What I described is how this bill will be abused: they'll arrest a bunch of people at a protest and claim they were intimidating people while wearing a mask. Watch how fast a potential 15 year sentence for a misdemeanor quells dissent. Now THAT'S bullshit. It's a dumb bill, designed to excite guys like you. Beyond accomplishing that, it's poorly written.
    Good luck, man.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •