Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ambush RT - couple of questions

Quote Originally Posted by petroglyph View Post
    Okay, so the formula for TWC RT, as noted on the page I linked above, is:

TWCBaseSpeed = RightBaseSpeed + min(LeftBaseSpeed - 2, 0) + min(WeightPenalty, 0)

The base speed of a falchion is 5. The base speed of a longsword is 4. So that's (5 + (4-2)) = 7 right there. I'd need to see your stats to know exactly what's factoring into your final RT, but you probably have AGI and DEX giving you a speed offset to bring you down to 6, and then ambush is bringing you right back up to 7 again.

tl;dr: if you want to swing faster, replace your longsword with a short sword.
    This math is a bit off. The offhand won't add RT to base if your STR is high enough to compensate the weight. You can swing two falchions at 5RT pretty easy.

Roundtime is calculated based on the base roundtime of each weapon, the weight of the off-hand weapon, and the user's strength. Swinging two weapons at once is far faster than swinging each of the weapons individually, but only fast off-hand weapons add no penalty whatsoever to swing speed. For the lowest roundtime, the weapon in the off hand should be at least as fast as the weapon in the right hand and should not be very heavy. To use an off-hand weapon without penalty, you must have the following strength bonuses:

Off-hand Weight Minimum Strength Bonus
    3 pounds +5
    4 pounds +20
    5 pounds +35
    Last edited by Ososis; 07-11-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

If you think the formula in the Wiki is wrong, I recommend correcting it! I didn't write it.

Also, you seem to be missing that he's asking specifically about ambushing, which will add to the minimum RT. If you can ambush with two falchions in 5 seconds, I'd like to see the log.
    Last edited by petroglyph; 07-11-2018 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by petroglyph View Post
    If you think the formula in the Wiki is wrong, I recommend correcting it! I didn't write it.

Also, you seem to be missing that he's asking specifically about ambushing, which will add to the minimum RT. If you can ambush with two falchions in 5 seconds, I'd like to see the log.
    You are being pretty snotty for being a wrong about base weapon speed. Obviously ambush takes more time, but if you’re math is putting a falchion and longsword at 6rt, then your math is off. Maybe some agi-decent is needed, maybe more strength or lighter off hand weapon weapon, but it’s pretty easy to swing two falchions at base 5 speed.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Also, the idea that a Main gauche should EVER be a Main hand weapon is pretty appalling.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by karnamm View Post
    @Nordred

I am using a falchion and a longsword. The Longsword does add a second round time in my left hand. If it is in my right hand, it turns to 9 seconds. Both are under 4 pounds (I think Longsword is 4 and Falchion is 3).

I always thought it was the Brig causing my RT to go up. I just have some basic 4x Brig.

I am almost up to 2 mil so I may start buying some better equipment. Also, at 27 trainings in armor.
    Fal and longsword not a common combo, at least in my neck of the woods. Weapon weight really isn't an issue ever unless it's 8 lbs or higher I've found and only then it's minimal, if being held. You armor is fine. But that other guy is right, it is your weapon combo that's got your rt at that.

Weird, randomly my RT has dropped. I am not sure if it was the beginning of this level or if it was during this level. Either way, it is now down to 6 second which I think is expected.

Someone might have cast 509 on you, your stats went up and you're just now noticing the different RT, or you've been hunting slightly encumbered and put something in a locker/received a lightening service/etc.... or maybe you cleared the AIM verb and aren't actually aiming at any particular body part when you AMBUSH [critter]

@nothing it must have been a stat that went up. Because nothing else has changed - I always keep pretty light. I always have 509 on me. I have to ambush cyclops legs to get them on the ground before I can cut off their hears. Either way, as you can imagine, I am thrilled about it!