Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey look GS4 got a mention

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    Who the fuck are you?
    He's Koars Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    "Pay2win" means it confers an in-game advantage, not that it literally wins the game for you... the former of which is exactly what all those heavily enchanted/weighted/padded items and X-a-day non-native spell items do. Someone kitted out with paid festival items has a radically different experience from someone using off-the-shelf or player-made items. Also, keep in mind that if you've ever bought items from these festivals via silver, you're still participating in the p2w system, albeit indirectly. Someone paid cash for those items, even if it wasn't you.
    To me, buying exp or levels would be p2w. Someone buying a claidhmore with extra weighting and death flares or whatever when you're already chopping heads off fine with a regular claid is just being a dumbass.

P2W imo is the game basically coming to a standstill and being effectively impossible to advance without forking over more cash, i.e. Simu changes leveling up so that it takes 10,000,000 exp to gain a level now, but if you buy this exp pass from the Simucoin store it will only require 100k to level up. You can still technically level up without it, but now it's going to take you such an extreme amount of time and grinding that it's not worth it so you either buy an exp pass or quit the game.

Spending a ton of cash on some overpowered item that you can do fine without as long as you're not a tard, not so much.

And even though it goes without saying, anyone who disagrees is racist.
    Last edited by Methais; 07-10-2018 at 03:07 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    He's Koars Light.

To me, buying exp or levels would be p2w. Someone buying a claidhmore with extra weighting and death flares or whatever when you're already chopping heads off fine with a regular claid is just being a dumbass.

P2W imo is the game basically coming to a standstill and being effectively impossible to advance without forking over more cash, i.e. Simu changes leveling up so that it takes 10,000,000 exp to gain a level now, but if you buy this exp pass from the Simucoin store it will only require 100k to level up. You can still technically level up without it, but now it's going to take you such an extreme amount of time and grinding that it's not worth it so you either buy an exp pass or quit the game.

Spending a ton of cash on some overpowered item that you can do fine without as long as you're not a tard, not so much.

Then nothing EA does is P2W either.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Then nothing EA does is P2W either.
    I've never had to pay extra to Simu to be able to roll up X new class. Unless you count Savants, which I'm having my lawyer subpoena Simu's IP right now to prove that Savants don't exist.
    Last edited by Methais; 07-10-2018 at 03:19 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Blog Entries

I've never had to pay extra to Simu to be able to roll up X new class. Unless you count Savants, which I'm having my lawyer subpoena Simu's IP right now to prove that Savants don't exist.
    I think monks aren't allowed under F2P, so there is that.

prime is P2W

So anything above prime is just paying more to win the win you already won.
    Last edited by Ososis; 07-10-2018 at 03:22 PM.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    prime is P2W

So anything above prime is just paying more to win the win you already won.
    Plot twist: You can't even win GS

Blog Entries

I think it is hard to say anything is P2W in GS because there isn't really shit to win. Don't mistake it, EA wishes they could have Simu's business model on a far larger scale. Yearly pay festivals? Selling fluff private houses for a grand? Marriages for $200? I mean, EA sells some weapon skins and people go ballistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I think it is hard to say anything is P2W in GS because there isn't really shit to win. Don't mistake it, EA wishes they could have Simu's business model on a far larger scale. Yearly pay festivals? Selling fluff private houses for a grand? Marriages for $200? I mean, EA sells some weapon skins and people go ballistic.
    EA doesn't need Simu's business model, they just need Simu's extremely retarded player base.

Not that I'm implying EA's base isn't also retarded, but most are broke 12 year olds.
    Last edited by Methais; 07-10-2018 at 03:28 PM.

Blog Entries

EA doesn't need Simu's business model, they just need Simu's extremely retarded player base.

Not that I'm implying EA's base isn't also retarded, but most are broke 12 year olds.
    I buy Madden every year, so they have a $60 yearly income from me.

Blog Entries

I don't know what to tell you. The definition for p2w that I used is a widely accepted and repeated one. What you're describing is 'pay to progress', and is something a lot of true f2p games do.

You're doing a lot of uncharacteristic Simudefense here, Methais. Goatse twice if you've been kidnapped and Whatley has a gun to your head.
    Last edited by Taernath; 07-10-2018 at 03:31 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.