Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey look GS4 got a mention

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I see you there, outside my window. At least put your dick away when you look at me.
    I believe that is probably Pk. He subpoenaed your IP records.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I believe that is probably Pk. He subpoenaed your IP records.
    Well, shit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Astray and Methais has some good points.

I still believe a player can take a new character from zero to cap in just basic gear without any real difficulty. I’m only level 60 so don’t quote me on that but this is what I’ve been told.
    No one is disputing that. They are saying with the injection of cash you can get way better shit, whether it is regular barbie stuff or practical shit.

At level 10 you get access to the universal standard of 4x (+20). A 4x weapon can last you to cap, assuming you just can't find anything or don't want a replacement.

That's nuts in an MMO setting. Most MMO's demand you scale gear with level or you get left behind due to inferior DPS and Defense.

No one is disputing that. They are saying with the injection of cash you can get way better shit, whether it is regular barbie stuff or practical shit.
    T H I S

If it weren't for the aforementioned availability of gear that'd last you to cap, this game would be brutal. If this were ever the case, I'd be calling P2W mechanics and bullshit.
    Last edited by Astray; 07-10-2018 at 08:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Again, the issue isn't whether there's a small mechanical advantage or a large mechanical advantage between someone in 4x gear vs. someone who spends $1000 at a paid event, it's whether there's an advantage at all. If there IS, that is the definition of pay to win and Simu passed that threshold long ago.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Again, the issue isn't whether there's a small mechanical advantage or a large mechanical advantage between someone in 4x gear vs. someone who spends $1000 at a paid event, it's whether there's an advantage at all. If there IS, that is the definition of pay to win and Simu passed that threshold long ago.
    I would make the argument that there isn't really PvP or CvC so it doesn't matter. In a ranked or pvp/cvc based match, it'll always result in the higher enchant gear or most imbalanced class coming out the victor.

Those said, it has NEVER boiled down to skill between characters or players and it likely never will.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    It’s really why I enjoy this mmo the most, it focuses on player skill moreso than gear or a player’s RL resources. If anyone gives you any grief about P2W mechanics in Gemstone just politely point them to the Hardcore thread. Reaching level 50 with severe restrictions to wearable spells and gear without dying a single time. Absolutely floored.
    Rofl, no. If you have a 10x DB, 10x armor, 10x weapon you don't need any skill at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Hey pal, the gladiator games.

Hey pal, the gladiator games.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I would make the argument that there isn't really PvP or CvC so it doesn't matter. In a ranked or pvp/cvc based match, it'll always result in the higher enchant gear or most imbalanced class coming out the victor.

Those said, it has NEVER boiled down to skill between characters or players and it likely never will.
    p2w isn't limited to PvP games, it's just most easily noticed there.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.