Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey look GS4 got a mention

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    p2w isn't limited to PvP games, it's just most easily noticed there.
    I never understood the branding of a non-PvP game as P2W. To me, P2W is pvp or skill-based. Maybe I'm just an elitist dick though.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I never understood the branding of a non-PvP game as P2W. To me, P2W is pvp or skill-based. Maybe I'm just an elitist dick though.
    Leaderboards, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    Leaderboards, man.

When you land a sponsorship, it's fucking huge.

Blog Entries

P2W (to me) allows you to skip all the bullshit and just pay for the items to make the game easier. Can you get a Wonderously CW maul with jesus flares? Sure, its just gonna take a couple decade.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    P2W (to me) allows you to skip all the bullshit and just pay for the items to make the game easier. Can you get a Wonderously CW maul with jesus flares? Sure, its just gonna take a couple decade.
    Yeah, that's another thing. God, that's where people run into the wall, isn't it? What do you mean to tell me that this merchant chooses randomly in a room full of 100 people? WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!

Blog Entries

Yeah, that's another thing. God, that's where people run into the wall, isn't it? What do you mean to tell me that this merchant chooses randomly in a room full of 100 people? WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!
    Well really it's only 30 people with 70 alts, but there's also the WPS service if you have some silver or scrip burning a hole in your pocket.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Well really it's only 30 people with 70 alts, but there's also the WPS service if you have some silver or scrip burning a hole in your pocket.
    I think this past CCF was the first time the WPS merchant was opened in mass. Most of the time its a merchant spinning for 10 slots with a max of like 10 services to the item. There is like 1-2 of these a month. Getting the "max" services or even half that for the 2 month period can be downright impossible without bloodscrip.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    Astray and Methais has some good points.

I still believe a player can take a new character from zero to cap in just basic gear without any real difficulty. I’m only level 60 so don’t quote me on that but this is what I’ve been told.
    You can hunt fine in 4 - 6x vanilla gear at cap, you just have to be a little more careful. The wizard I have been leveling, he's 50 now and I have no issues at all hunting critters 4-5 levels above with just his own spells. Without a PvP system or a progressive raid system, the top end shit is worthless to me as a gamer.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

I would make the argument that there isn't really PvP or CvC so it doesn't matter. In a ranked or pvp/cvc based match, it'll always result in the higher enchant gear or most imbalanced class coming out the victor.

Those said, it has NEVER boiled down to skill between characters or players and it likely never will.
    Actually I have been devising a PvP system for gs for almost 3 - 4 years now. Over the coming months, probably more towards early winter I'm going to try to meet with Wyrom and pitch him the system. It's taking a bit of time because it involves some other aspects that will require some help from some other players RL professional talents. I have been crazy busy but I'm going to try and start hitting some people up this weekend.

The only thing that would make this system not work is if players can't control their epeens. If I do say so myself this is an amazing system that stands a good chance of being taken seriously by Wyrom.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Actually I have been devising a PvP system for gs for almost 3 - 4 years now. Over the coming months, probably more towards early winter I'm going to try to meet with Wyrom and pitch him the system. It's taking a bit of time because it involves some other aspects that will require some help from some other players RL professional talents. I have been crazy busy but I'm going to try and start hitting some people up this weekend.

The only thing that would make this system not work is if players can't control their epeens. If I do say so myself this is an amazing system that stands a good chance of being taken seriously by Wyrom.
    hahahahaha you're retarded.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam