Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey look GS4 got a mention

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I believe the events that had these out didn't use simucoins yet for them. I see what you're getting at, but even with the "free" simucoin grants you are still paying a sub to get them. This is a common theme among most MMOs.
    I'm not saying it is a bad thing, I'm not saying it is good. I'm saying it takes more money than "free".
    If you think they're similar, Simutronics has been doing it longer than EA with things like Ebon's Gate. But that was historically cosmetic in the early days.

You saw where I was going, the delineation that I was trying to make was with something like lootboxes which could house either cosmetic, or gear that was advantageous versus objects that you would normally unlock through playing, and were non-transferable after the fact, so the only way to experience them is to dump money into lootboxes.

With the entry items for something like duskruin are transferable, and that an established in game economy exists, it's not really an apples to apples comparison, as a player can utilize the after market to still perform said event without dishing out cash. With the release of the free simucoins, and the movement of more things through the simucoin shop rather than the ticketing whateveritwascalled, it should level the playing field to let someone attend one of the four annual events? I think that was the intent? I dunno what the prices are like.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    Ebon's Gate
    GET HIM!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    If you think they're similar, Simutronics has been doing it longer than EA with things like Ebon Gate. But that was historically cosmetic in the early days.

You saw where I was going, the delineation that I was trying to make was with something like lootboxes which could house either cosmetic, or gear that was advantageous versus objects that you would normally unlock through playing, and were non-transferable after the fact, so the only way to experience them is to dump money into lootboxes.

With the entry items for something like duskruin are transferable, and that an established in game economy exists, it's not really an apples to apples comparison, as a player can utilize the after market to still perform said event without dishing out cash. With the release of the free simucoins, and the movement of more things through the simucoin shop rather than the ticketing whateveritwascalled, it should level the playing field to let someone attend one of the four annual events? I think that was the intent? I dunno what the prices are like.
    The fact that Simu was doing that prior has no bearing on whether or not I think they are more money grubbing than EA. A company exists to make money, but I feel Simu is starting to go overboard and yes, I feel they are surpassing EA. If Simu had millions of customers, you know damn well there'd be just as many, if not more, complaints about them.

The thing is, I don't necessarily disagree with anything Simu or EA does. It is all business and they need money and there are plenty of retards out there to throw tons of cash in there.
    Last edited by Gelston; 07-10-2018 at 04:29 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

So, I get both sides of this argument. No Simu is not as bad as EA. They have some seriously unfriendly practices and it feels like sometimes the decisions are slated toward maximizing profit over entertainment value. However, none of that is a requirement to succeed in game. None of the events are a prerequisite to start RPing or pick up a weapon and start killing shit. A lot of the simucoin stuff is peripheral and not a requirement to enjoy the game... if you're subbed. If you're an F2P get that fucking check book out, faggot (lol jk, no report pls).

I would like to personally see a drop in sub prices. I'd also like to see a few more things go toward the 'hey come join us, no simucoins required' or some shit. We'll never likely get that but hey, I can dream stupid shit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    So, I get both sides of this argument. No Simu is not as bad as EA. They have some seriously unfriendly practices and it feels like sometimes the decisions are slated toward maximizing profit over entertainment value. However, none of that is a requirement to succeed in game. None of the events are a prerequisite to start RPing or pick up a weapon and start killing shit. A lot of the simucoin stuff is peripheral and not a requirement to enjoy the game... if you're subbed. If you're an F2P get that fucking check book out, faggot (lol jk, no report pls).

I would like to personally see a drop in sub prices. I'd also like to see a few more things go toward the 'hey come join us, no simucoins required' or some shit. We'll never likely get that but hey, I can dream stupid shit.
    None of that shit is required in any EA game either, although they are generally far different sorts of game. They are both playing on the same basic wants and cashing in on it. Simu and EA are very comparable in their cashing in.

None of that shit is required in any EA game either, although they are generally far different sorts of game. They are both playing on the same basic wants and cashing in on it. Simu and EA are very comparable in their cashing in.
    They are companies out to make money. EA has the problem of gating off shit until players are so tired of seeing the exp meter not even move that they spend money to accelerate or outright negate the need. Simu has the problem of having subscription fee, cash shop and charging for events. They don't want the cookies, they want the whole fucking jar.

Blog Entries

They are companies out to make money. EA has the problem of gating off shit until players are so tired of seeing the exp meter not even move that they spend money to accelerate or outright negate the need. Simu has the problem of having subscription fee, cash shop and charging for events. They don't want the cookies, they want the whole fucking jar.
    Yeah, as I said, they are both for money. I don't have a problem with either of them. I'm actually going to go play Madden now, holla.

Yeah, as I said, they are both for money. I don't have a problem with either of them. I'm actually going to go play Madden now, holla.
    I don't have a problem with either, it's when I'm told that I should be happy that blah blah blah "just be glad" bullshit. That's what gets me. Simu has this mountain of shit that needs to be fixed or addressed as well as downright unimplemented spells and a class that's currently in limbo. Instead of wanking over the next DR profits, they should be fucking fixing and implementing shit.

Blog Entries

I don't have a problem with either, it's when I'm told that I should be happy that blah blah blah "just be glad" bullshit. That's what gets me. Simu has this mountain of shit that needs to be fixed or addressed as well as downright unimplemented spells and a class that's currently in limbo. Instead of wanking over the next DR profits, they should be fucking fixing and implementing shit.
    Don't worry. when I win the Lottery I'm going to buy out at least the GS portion and then I'll fix the game up.

10. Default

hmm reading that post makes me want to try drakkar lol