Page 243 of 288 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 2873

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

  1. #2421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    You're being so disingenuous.
    You're really stretching and distorting my position. I'm arguing women are in charge of their own bodies, not you. You somehow don't get that.

    As for my personal views on abortion, I think it's an undesirable but sometimes necessary choice, one a woman will make for herself. I absolutely do not believe that removing an early-term fetus is murder, because a non-viable fetus is not a human. If the fetus is viable, then at that point it should live. The choice has to be made earlier than that, and it usually is: The average abortion happens at 7 weeks. Abortion within the first two trimesters, in fact, seems reasonable to me.

    You keep pushing for a "gotcha" moment by talking about late-term abortions, which I never mentioned.You're taking an extreme position at the outliers and trying to claim that I'm the one doing that. That is not the case.

    In any case, this whole abortion discussion is tangential to the issue at hand, which is Kavanaugh's confirmation. Looks like that's going to go through at the moment, though the White House put together a sham FBI investigation. I believe Blasey-Ford, but I don't think there's enough evidence of her assault that it should be acted upon. However, Kavanaugh's deeply partisan, self-absorbed, self-victimizing, and disrespectful performance should disqualify him -- sadly, it probably won't. The good ole boys will be patting themselves on the back later.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.
    Contact: Nuadjha (Discord and LNet), Briarfox@play.net

  2. #2422
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    4,811
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    You're really stretching and distorting my position. I'm arguing women are in charge of their own bodies, not you. You somehow don't get that.

    As for my personal views on abortion, I think it's an undesirable but sometimes necessary choice, one a woman will make for herself. I absolutely do not believe that removing an early-term fetus is murder, because a non-viable fetus is not a human. If the fetus is viable, then at that point it should live. The choice has to be made earlier than that, and it usually is: The average abortion happens at 7 weeks. Abortion within the first two trimesters, in fact, seems reasonable to me.

    You keep pushing for a "gotcha" moment by talking about late-term abortions, which I never mentioned.You're taking an extreme position at the outliers and trying to claim that I'm the one doing that. That is not the case.

    In any case, this whole abortion discussion is tangential to the issue at hand, which is Kavanaugh's confirmation. Looks like that's going to go through at the moment, though the White House put together a sham FBI investigation. I believe Blasey-Ford, but I don't think there's enough evidence of her assault that it should be acted upon. However, Kavanaugh's deeply partisan, self-absorbed, self-victimizing, and disrespectful performance should disqualify him -- sadly, it probably won't. The good ole boys will be patting themselves on the back later.
    Why is it undesirable if it's not a human being?

    Why is there a fine for destroying an eagles egg but it's totally ok to kill a 7 week old human?
    Last edited by Neveragain; 10-04-2018 at 01:18 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

    Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

  3. #2423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    I'm arguing women are in charge of their own bodies, not you. You somehow don't get that.
    Sure, so no limits on abortion then?

  4. #2424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Triggered = me crying about you pointing out how stupid the things I post are
    Yes, that's what I've been saying all along. Now you're getting it!

    I'm proud of you. As a reward for your hard work, here's a star:

    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.



    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  5. #2425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Sure, so no limits on abortion then?
    You seriously must have read one line of my response. Reread, revise, resubmit.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.
    Contact: Nuadjha (Discord and LNet), Briarfox@play.net

  6. #2426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    Most of the people who get them are also black.
    Why does BriarFox want black babies to die?

    On topic: The main issue Tgo is talking about is "convenience" abortions. I figured that was obvious.
    Last edited by Methais; 10-04-2018 at 01:22 PM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.



    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  7. #2427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    You seriously must have read one line of my response. Reread, revise, resubmit.
    None of your arguments are consistent.

    You do believe old white men should tell a woman what she can do with her body, as long as they allow her a few weeks to do what she wants first.
    You keep referring to abortion as a "clump of cells" yet you believe abortions should be legal until 28 weeks although it stops being a "clump of cells" at around 11 weeks at which point it becomes a fetus, and viability starts at around 20 weeks with a 50% survival chance at 24 weeks with the survival chance increasing from there.

  8. #2428

    Default

    Sounds like Flake is satisfied with the FBI investigation and is leaning towards confirmation. Not looking good for the resistance. Perhaps cwolff should up his terrorist activities.

    Speaking of cwolff being a terrorist, since pk laughed at me for suggesting this yesterday, let's look at the similarities between cwolff and ISIS:

    Both want the destruction of the US.
    Both think violence is acceptable.
    Both use racist and sexist language to further their cause.
    Both find a scapegoat to justify their acts.
    Both think terror is acceptable to further their cause.

    Really the only difference between cwolff and a full blown terrorist is he hasn't harmed anyone personally yet...that we know of.

  9. #2429

    Default

    Also according to Nate Silver/538 this whole confirmation circus the Democrats have put on have actually helped Republicans' chances of keeping the senate, haven't done much to the Republicans' chances of keeping the house, and Trump's polling numbers are slightly up.

    Good job, Democrats.

  10. #2430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Also according to Nate Silver/538 this whole confirmation circus the Democrats have put on have actually helped Republicans' chances of keeping the senate, haven't done much to the Republicans' chances of keeping the house, and Trump's polling numbers are slightly up.

    Good job, Democrats.
    And they laugh when people say 4 more years.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •