Page 174 of 291 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2909

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Lulz
    2 years in and none of her worst fears have come true yet. I wonder if she will look back at that shit, realize what a raging harpy she is, and admit she lets her emotions and feelings dictate her politics.

Oh and before she accuses me of being sexist don't worry, I think Androidpk and cwolff are way worse at letting their emotions and feelings dictate their politics than you are.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 09-27-2018 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    2 years in and none of her worst fears have come true yet. I wonder if she will look back at that shit, realize what a raging harpy she is, and admit she lets her emotions and feelings dictate her politics.

Oh and before she accuses me of being sexist don't worry, I think Androidpk and cwolff are way worse at letting their emotions and feelings dictate their politics than you are.
    It's an entertaining read, that's for sure. Very hypocritical to accuse Kavanaugh of temperament when his family is receiving death threats due to this political smear job.

Quote Originally Posted by time4emo
    Trump is now favored for WI. If that's the case, this is almost impossible for her to win.

This is the scariest political moment in my lifetime
    Quote Originally Posted by time4emo
    Winners:

-Angry white people everywhere who have managed to consolidate their vote and suppress the vote of everyone else

-Trump- who will finally have all of the power and attention he craves as well as a means to enact his revenge fantasies

-GOP 2016- who has staved off an internal civil war for another four years and will now have very little standing in the way of their misguided vision and who proved that targeted voter suppression and white racial resentment are enough to keep their power, even while losing the popular vote.

-White Nationalism- because they finally got back into the national spotlight, and because their champion Steve Bannon is likely to have a prominent political position soon

-Robert Mercer- who funded Trump's primary super pac, Breibart.com, and the Clinton Cash book- proving that with enough money you can invent reality.

-Democrats in 2020- because this is building the pieces required for a democratic wave at just the right time, much as the reverse was true for republicans in 2010

-Putin- who got *exactly* what he wanted- an isolationist US with crumbling faith in democracy

Losers:

-Democrats- who are now paying the price for deciding to give in to pro-business sentiments

-People of Color- who are feeling the consequences of the end of Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act

-Muslims- who should be genuinely afraid right now

-Immigrants of all kinds- who should also be genuinely afraid right now

-22 Million insured under the ACA- the bill needed to repeal it is already ready via the reconciliation process and only needs a majority vote to pass

-The people who voted for Trump- who are about to realize that the master's tools will never dismantle the master's shed

-Women- who have been reminded that even if they're 10x as qualified as the guy they're competing with, he still has the upper hand

-Europe- who will have to deal with an emboldened Russia and an unpredictable US who can no longer be counted on to fulfill the treaty obligations that have stood in the way of further Russian aggression

-GOP 2020- because Trump will tear them apart and walk away laughing

-Free Press- because now they have to deal with the fact that their desire for ratings got a decidedly anti-free press President elected

Both the people who supported Trump and the people who opposed him but stayed home or wasted their vote on a third party candidate- you just got the President you deserve.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Yeah no surprise there.

Jeff Flake is playing conflicted, but I'd be shocked if he voted no at the end of the day.

At this point, we're relying on the conscience of Collins and the political calculations of Murkowski. Murkowski already has reasons not to vote for Kavanaugh even outside of the sexual assault allegations.

I think at this point the GOP calculation is that any more time to discuss this is going to be bad for Kavanaugh, and, meanwhile, that if they can push him forward there will be no more press cycles around the accusations (which is unlikely)

Let's just throw this out here: can you imagine if Dr Ford had acted the way he did today? Republican men aren't going to understand this, but every woman who watched this today saw the double standard clearly on display. It was every meeting we've ever sat in. It must be so nice to be able to interrupt everyone around you, show abject disrespect for them, refuse to answer questions, yell, shout, and cry...and to not have your temperament or fitness for a job questioned.
    Yeah, I'll be completely shocked if Flake actually votes no. I can see Murkowski and possibly Collins voting no but I won't hold my breath.

Kav's behavior was downright deplorable. Even if innocent he does not have the temperament to sit as a SCOTUS judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    It's an entertaining read, that's for sure. Very hypocritical to accuse Kavanaugh of temperament when his family is receiving death threats due to this political smear job.
    I wonder if that's around the time she called Androidpk a racist, sexist, bigot and now she pretends she never said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Even if innocent he does not have the temperament to sit as a SCOTUS judge.
    It's amazing. Far left politicians and journalists tweet it and Androidpk repeats it back like a good little parrot.

Do you get paid in cash or couch crashes?

6. Default

You know, if he had been accused of any other crime and abjectly refused to allow the FBI to investigate- he would have been unanimously voted down. Everyone would agree how fucking suspicious that is.

But since it was just sexually assaulting women- he's clearly a victim, and there's nothing weird about the fact that he looked positively PANICKED every time anyone mentioned an FBI investigation.

You know, if he had been accused of any other crime and abjectly refused to allow the FBI to investigate- he would have been unanimously voted down. Everyone would agree how fucking suspicious that is.

But since it was just sexually assaulting women- he's clearly a victim, and there's nothing weird about the fact that he looked positively PANICKED every time anyone mentioned an FBI investigation.
    Your ability to make shit up is commendable.

Since when does the accused get to decide whether an investigation into himself is warranted? This is probably one of your dumbest moments. Perhaps you should take this opportunity to clarify your nonsense.

8. Default

Mark Judge has said he's willing to undergo a confidential fact finding investigation.

As a reminder- Mark Judge didn't say this didn't happen. Mark Judge's lawyer signed a statement saying that he doesn't recall.

Also, Dr Ford's friend signed a statement saying she doesn't recall the party, but that she believes Dr Ford. (And reportedly texted Dr Ford after her statement went out and basically said she was really sorry, but she didn't want to get pulled into all of this)

Also, Dr Ford's friend signed a statement saying she doesn't recall the party, but that she believes Dr Ford. (And reportedly texted Dr Ford after her statement went out and basically said she was really sorry, but she didn't want to get pulled into all of this)
    Oh, well, as long as her friend doesn't recall the party but believes her then what are we doing? Clearly Kavanaugh is a serial rapist.

Dr. Ford has raised almost half a million dollars on gofundme in 9 days.

Nope, she's getting nothing out of this.