Page 157 of 291 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2909

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Background checks by the FBI are standard affairs, especially for federal judges.
    So you feel that what Christine Ford wants to know is whether or not Brett Kavanaugh has ever been arrested?

Edit to add: This article at least, and I'm sure literally all of the other ones...seems to mention a criminal investigation several times.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...tion-kavanaugh
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 09-27-2018 at 12:30 PM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    So you feel that what Christine Ford wants to know is whether or not Brett Kavanaugh has ever been arrested?

Edit to add: This article at least, and I'm sure literally all of the other ones...doesn't seem to mention a background check. It does mention a criminal investigation several times though.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...tion-kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    No, he wants them to perform an investigation. I don't know why he keeps bringing up background checks.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Soyboy to man, I got to say that calling a woman a "crybaby bitch...feminist cunt" as a way to defend men isn't helping us out all that much.
    ftfy

And what's this "we" soyboy, I don't use those insults casually, she has fully and deeply earned each one over a long history of being a useless piece of criminal harboring shit.

Innocent until proven guilty, which is why Trump supporters chant "lock her up" at rallies. Nice double standards there.
    She blatantly perjured herself to Congress, that is a crime she is guilty of. She mishandled classified information, that is a crime she is guilty of. She destroyed evidence subpoenaed in a Federal investigation, that is also a crime she is guilty of. These are known crimes. Then there is the possible scam issues with her foundation, her failure to register as a foreign agent while working at the State Department regarding Uranium One scandal and so on. There is no double standard, these are real Federal crimes that are well within their statute of limitations with massive amounts of factual supporting material, video and corroborating evidence. They are not unspecified, vague allegations of things over 3 decades ago that lack details, specifics and corroboration.
    Last edited by ~Rocktar~; 09-27-2018 at 12:31 PM.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    No, he wants them to perform an investigation. I don't know why he keeps bringing up background checks.
    Because background investigations are literally their job in this situation. No one is asking them to investigate this as a criminal matter, that would be a local police matter.

Do we all agree that Innocent until Proven guilty is applicable in criminal trials where one's freedom is in jeopardy?

Requiring no opinions be expressed with something less than a verdict in a criminal trial is a 1st amendment issue. In today's case it's ironic that those who most vocally claim to be constitution supporters are also the ones perverting freedom of speech.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    ftfy

And what's this "we" soyboy, I don't use those insults casually, she has fully and deeply earned each one over a long history of being a useless piece of criminal harboring shit.

She blatantly perjured herself to Congress, that is a crime she is guilty of. She mishandled classified information, that is a crime she is guilty of. She destroyed evidence subpoenaed in a Federal investigation, that is also a crime she is guilty of. These are known crimes. Then there is the possible scam issues with her foundation, her failure to register as a foreign agent while working at the State Department regarding Uranium One scandal and so on. There is no double standard, these are real Federal crimes that are well within their statute of limitations with massive amounts of factual supporting material, video and corroborating evidence. They are not unspecified, vague allegations of things over 3 decades ago that lack details, specifics and corroboration.
    Innocent until proven guilty is the standard, not guilty if proven innocent just because I don't like the outcome.

ftfy

How can you be so confident and so wrong all at once? Nothing you said is correct and falls apart without conspiracy theory. You are literally advocating for fake news.

And no Rocktar, you don't get to dehumanize her because she's "earned" it. How many god damn times do I have to point out how you all fall back on that as a justification for acting like a pussy. Be honest and admit that. I'm not saying you can't call people all kinds of names. We do it all the time. Go for it. It's weird to see you be a crybaby bitch by calling a woman a crybaby bitch feminist cunt as you defend men.

Because background investigations are literally their job in this situation.
    Assuming they hadn't given him one before or multiple times in the past?

ftfy

Get over it, she lost.