Page 136 of 291 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2909

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    LOL. I can't believe Avenatti would fall for this but if he did it'll ruin him.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...anaugh-accuser
    I still find it red flag-y that everyone seems to be trying to ignore Avenatti's new client claim, but I'm skeptical that Avenatti would fall for something like this honestly.

It's not like he's never had anyone try to dupe him before. This just feels like someone who is trying to discredit Avenatti with a post they were hoping would get picked up by the conservative media.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    On the one hand he's adamant enough that I have to believe him. On the other he's a lawyer, so...
    Yeah in absence of any other evidence, I'm going to take the word of the lawyer who has managed to outwit the Trump legal team over that of a random white supremacist 4Chan user.

Also nothing in the 4Chan user's story gives any reason why Avenatti would make his Twitter profile private.
    Last edited by time4fun; 09-25-2018 at 05:21 PM.

.@SenateMajLdr: "We have hired a female assistant to go on staff and to ask these questions in a respectful and professional way. We want this hearing to be handled very professionally not a political sideshow..."

These old boys just can't stop stepping on their dicks. Why's she got to be a female assistant to ask respectful questions? They couldn't have framed it as hiring a "powerful female champion who's got unique perspective and ability." and leave out the part that tells the world old white men in the senate are incapable of asking respectful questions. Something like that? Instead they got a secretary.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Yeah in absence of any other evidence, I'm going to take the word of the lawyer
    The irony is almost palpable.

Blog Entries

Yeah in absence of any other evidence, I'm going to take the word of the lawyer who has managed to outwit the Trump legal team over that of a random white supremacist 4Chan user.

Also nothing in the 4Chan user's story gives any reason why Avenatti would make his Twitter profile private.
    I agree, my last post was in jest.

Where does the white supremacy come into play though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

These old boys just can't stop stepping on their dicks. Why's she got to be a female assistant to ask respectful questions? They couldn't have framed it as hiring a "powerful female champion who's got unique perspective and ability." and leave out the part that tells the world old white men in the senate are incapable of asking respectful questions. Something like that? Instead they got a secretary.
    "Old, racist, sexist, white cuckservatives shouldn't ask her questions as if she's some sort of criminal!"

Okay, fine, we'll have a female assistant ask her questions.

"Why didn't they phrase it as a 'powerful female champion who's got unique perspective and ability!"

Your ability to cry over literally everything is quite remarkable.

I still find it red flag-y that everyone seems to be trying to ignore Avenatti's new client claim, but I'm skeptical that Avenatti would fall for something like this honestly.

It's not like he's never had anyone try to dupe him before. This just feels like someone who is trying to discredit Avenatti with a post they were hoping would get picked up by the conservative media.
    I think one way or another we will find out in short order. He's smart. Should be too smart to go public with one or two quick phone calls especially when the one who called him, provided the source and phone number of the corroborator. He's got to be smart enough to independently verify? RIGHT? Please god tell me he's smarter than that!!

I don't see anything problematic with that. You could make the argument that they want a woman in the room with her just in case she feels more comfortable. It's like using a female doctor for a female patient, that sort of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I don't see anything problematic with that. You could make the argument that they want a woman in the room with her just in case she feels more comfortable. It's like using a female doctor for a female patient, that sort of stuff.
    Oh ya. I get it. Good thinking on their part and it stymies a democrat advantage. I'm saying you got McConnell talking about hiring a female assistant to communicate with a female for him. He should have phrased it better. He's inviting criticism for describing her that way, even if it's an accurate description. It's clumsy, makes him look clumsy.

Ah.