Page 106 of 291 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2909

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

Below is the most important paragraph from Ronan Farrow's article. It means that there is good reason for the Senate committee to call Mark Judge as a witness. Current probability that Kavanaugh "withdraws" from consideration before the hearing? 70%.

After seeing Judge’s denial, Elizabeth Rasor, who met Judge at Catholic University and was in a relationship with him for about three years, said that she felt morally obligated to challenge his account that “ ‘no horseplay’ took place at Georgetown Prep with women.” Rasor stressed that “under normal circumstances, I wouldn’t reveal information that was told in confidence,” but, she said, “I can’t stand by and watch him lie.” In an interview with The New Yorker, she said, “Mark told me a very different story.” Rasor recalled that Judge had told her ashamedly of an incident that involved him and other boys taking turns having sex with a drunk woman. Rasor said that Judge seemed to regard it as fully consensual. She said that Judge did not name others involved in the incident, and she has no knowledge that Kavanaugh participated. But Rasor was disturbed by the story and noted that it undercut Judge’s protestations about the sexual innocence of Georgetown Prep. (Barbara Van Gelder, an attorney for Judge, said that he “categorically denies” the account related by Rasor. Van Gelder said that Judge had no further comment.)

More...

In case you didn't know, Ronan Farrow is Woody Allen's son and brother-in-law. It's a complicated world.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    It's surreal to believe a woman claiming to be a devout catholic would consume enough alcohol to become inebriated to the point of black out. Gluttony is a sin and moderation is a virtue. Just as well, when that kid fucking ran down the hall shouting that Brett Kavanaugh stuck his dick in someones face and nothing happened. If you were in a hallway and you heard someone, not just someone but an actual identifying name, make that claim would you not feel compelled to go to administration or the police?

It's fucking Yale, I know, but that's damning. They wouldn't have wanted to be associated with that shit, right?
    Seriously- have you never met a Freshman in college before?

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Like I've been saying, Kavanaugh is going to pull his name.
    No he's not. This is such obvious bullshit and even you retards know it. You just think you're going to virtue signal your way through delaying Kavanaugh as much as possible in hopes of winning something in the midterms, it won't work, this will all come out to be bullshit, Kavanaugh will get confirmed, you'll get butthurt, and then you and soywolff will have a good cry together while the rest of us laugh at how stupid you are.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Seriously- have you never met a Freshman in college before?
    Yes. I was one, briefly. I have a cousin that's starting college soon even.

Ruh roh

Last edited by SHAFT; 09-23-2018 at 09:19 PM.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Yes. I was one, briefly. I have a cousin that's starting college soon even.
    Then you do understand that your comment expressing skepticism that a devout Catholic would get blackout drunk freshman year of college was ridiculous, right?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Below is the most important paragraph from Ronan Farrow's article. It means that there is good reason for the Senate committee to call Mark Judge as a witness. Current probability that Kavanaugh "withdraws" from consideration before the hearing? 70%.

In case you didn't know, Ronan Farrow is Woody Allen's son and brother-in-law. It's a complicated world.
    At this point in time, Senate Republicans are taking a huge risk by trying to push Kavanaugh forward. The fact that they tried to rush the committee vote once they found out that there was a second accusation coming tells me their instincts are all running in the wrong direction.

If they were smart, they'd cut bait on Kavanaugh and the nominate some staunchly anti-choice woman for the job.

Actually, if they were really smart they'd nominate a right-of-center moderate and likely significantly cut their midterm losses.

But the MO of the GOP these days is to try to find as many ways as possible to cement minority rule. Stacking the Courts is a key pillar in that strategy. So they won't.

Then as soon as the new accusers get their own hearings (probably demanding they be scheduled 3 months from now) there will be yet another accuser who pops up at the last minute demanding a hearing, then another accuser demanding a new hearing.

Democrats don't have even the slightest shred of morality anymore.

Then you do understand that your comment expressing skepticism that a devout Catholic would get blackout drunk freshman year of college was ridiculous, right?
    It's not, because while I understand that young adults are dumb and play fast and loose with their morals, you can't have it both ways. You either have devotion and rules firmly drawn in the sand or you're using your religion as an excuse when you do dumb shit.

Have you ever devoted yourself to a religion and followed it rigorously? It's fucking hard.

At this point in time, Senate Republicans are taking a huge risk by trying to push Kavanaugh forward. The fact that they tried to rush the committee vote once they found out that there was a second accusation coming tells me their instincts are all running in the wrong direction.

If they were smart, they'd cut bait on Kavanaugh and the nominate some staunchly anti-choice woman for the job.

Actually, if they were really smart they'd nominate a right-of-center moderate and likely significantly cut their midterm losses.
    The president is the one who nominates so it's totally up to Trump who gets nominated.

The fact that you seem to think it's the senate really shows how you know nothing about this subject and should probably just shut the fuck up already. I've never seen someone be so clueless about a subject before but act like such an expert.