Page 194 of 291 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2909

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Gorusch didn't have these problems because the Dems couldn't prevent an appointment for two years until the midterms.
    Is it possible Gorsuch didn't have these problems because he doesn't have problems with drinking or sexual assault victims who came forward? Or, are you assuming he has the same background and issues as Kavanaugh but they let it slide because it was too long to stymie his appointment anyway?

No matter what it seems that you're pushing a conspiracy theory here that dismisses Ford's allegations completely. You know that she came forward when Kavanaugh was one of many on a list of names. She didn't hold it back to trip him up at the end close to midterms.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerek View Post
    The FBI should investigate the accusers as well and prosecute if found to be verifiably false.
    I'm good with that. You'd probably have to issue subpoenas, get lawyered up, and open a criminal investigation because the way it is now people are volunteers in talking to the FBI or providing information. If we want to get prosecutorial let's do it. Get it all on the table. Open criminal investigations into Kavanaugh's behavior, read him his rights, pull Ford in for questioning and all the others. Make it official

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Is it possible Gorsuch didn't have these problems because he doesn't have problems with drinking or sexual assault victims who came forward? Or, are you assuming he has the same background and issues as Kavanaugh but they let it slide because it was too long to stymie his appointment anyway?

No matter what it seems that you're pushing a conspiracy theory here that dismisses Ford's allegations completely. You know that she came forward when Kavanaugh was one of many on a list of names. She didn't hold it back to trip him up at the end close to midterms.
    I truthfully believe that she is mistaken in her allegations, yes. And the only reasons the Democrats care is because they want to delay or have Kavanaugh drop out. If they take the midterms, they can for sure keep the court down to 8 until 2020.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Am I the only one who thinks accusations made even 10 years after the fact are simply ridiculous? There is too much likelihood that such accusations are motivated by personal gain. As someone who has male children, this situation scares the absolute shit out of me. Are they are going to grow up in a society where if anyone with a vagina accuses them of something they are guilty unless they can prove their innocent? For something that reportedly happened in high school? 30 years later?

You should report a sexual assault as soon as it happens. The statute of limitations should be 3 months max (if you're an adult).

If this can happen to Kavanaugh, it can happen to anyone. As for politics, I believe the Democraps have miscalculated to an unimaginable degree because I think a lot of people have to see through this. You'll find out in November.
    Last edited by Amerek; 09-29-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Am I the only one who thinks accusations made even 10 years after the fact are simply ridiculous? There is too much likelihood that such accusations are motivated by personal gain. As someone who has male children, this situation scares the absolute shit out of me. Are they are going to grow up in a society where if anyone with a vagina accuses them of something they are guilty unless they can prove their innocent? For something that reportedly happened in high school? 30 years later?

You should report a sexual assault as soon as it happens. The statute of limitations should be 3 months max (if you're an adult).

If this can happen to Kavenaugh, it can happen to anyone. As for politics, I believe the Democraps have miscalculated to an unimaginable degree because I think a lot of people have to see through this. You'll find out in November.
    This is correct.

6. Default

We'll see how Americans feel in November.

Blog Entries

If this can happen to Kavanaugh, it can happen to anyone. As for politics, I believe the Democraps have miscalculated to an unimaginable degree because I think a lot of people have to see through this. You'll find out in November.
    I'm fine with the statute of limitations as they are now, the only thing is that waiting for such a long time makes stuff incredibly difficult, if not impossible, to prove. The problem is that everything presented so far has been a wash. Nothing Ford has said has been corroborated by anything or anyone else. The Dems seem to be fine with this because 'it's not a court of law' and they seem to think that lets them level any kind of accusations against someone without having to back them up. Well, you can't have it both ways - either present serious evidence for serious inquiry, or end the delaying. They are seriously overreaching here and it is definitely going to come back and bite them in the ass.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

8. Default

In the 80s, I can absolutely see why something might not have been reported immediately, but as of at the very latest, 2010, it should've been reported. Whatever the year is that it stopped being okay to use "fag" and "gay" as jokey slurs against each other, that's the year it would've been hands down okay to report this sort of thing. Obviously sexual assault has always been taken seriously, but the bar for what was most widely considered sexual assault was much higher until around that same year. Really early 2000s, but it wasn't really fully out of the cultural mindset until 2010.

The fact that it waited not only until 2018, but until the very day there was a potential political motivation for the report is the part that's unacceptable. It makes the whole thing have to be filtered through a lens of politics rather than be considered in its own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I'm fine with the statute of limitations as they are now, the only thing is that waiting for such a long time makes stuff incredibly difficult, if not impossible, to prove. The problem is that everything presented so far has been a wash. Nothing Ford has said has been corroborated by anything or anyone else. The Dems seem to be fine with this because 'it's not a court of law' and they seem to think that lets them level any kind of accusations against someone without having to back them up. Well, you can't have it both ways - either present serious evidence for serious inquiry, or end the delaying. They are seriously overreaching here and it is definitely going to come back and bite them in the ass.
    This is way too angry and declarative for what's happened. They've been asking for more fact finding. Thats it. Last week that was an impossibility and the FBI doesn't do that kind of thing. Now we see that whole line of reasoning was bullshit.

Keep it in perspective. The dems want an investigation. They're not going all Dr. Evil and the outrage from the right is grandstanding political theatre

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    This is way too angry and declarative for what's happened. They've been asking for more fact finding. Thats it. Last week that was an impossibility and the FBI doesn't do that kind of thing. Now we see that whole line of reasoning was bullshit.

Keep it in perspective. The dems want an investigation. They're not going all Dr. Evil and the outrage from the right is grandstanding political theatre
    You're retarded.