Page 268 of 280 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 2795

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

  1. #2671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    This is why reading comprehension is so important. The article doesn't say what you think it says, it's speculating on two people's speculation:
    Yes it's speculative about Kavanaugh. Not so much about Chua or her husband's advice. It didn't gain any traction and the people interviewed don't want to come forward for fear of jeopardizing their careers.

    All in all it's not even going to be footnote in the Kavanaugh saga, I thought it was funny though in relation to his promise to hire female clerks. His campaign promise to hire women is weird in and of itself. "All Female Clerks! Vote Kavanaugh!" He's way too political for this job but he's in and he'll probably be there for the rest of my life. It's a shame but it's the way it is.

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Slow down Stumplicker. Evidence was produced. Ford testified under oath. Inconsistencies emerged from Kavanaugh's explanations along with his crazy performance for which he half-ass apologized in the WSJ. His testimony wasn't tested in any way. They still pushed it out of committee with the promise of an investigation which was micromanaged by the very guy whose job it was to get Kavanaugh through the nomination process.

    Add in the moral flexibility, the elastic relationship to truth and the gross amount of lies which pour out of the WH only to be advanced by the base and it's entirely credible to believe that nothing could have changed this.
    I'm not sure you understand what constitutes viable evidence. In fact, I'm very sure you don't. You haven't displayed anything but proven incorrect statements this entire time. The first time, you claimed that you weren't quoting facts but only your opinion when I lined it up next to facts that you also posted. The second, you quoted disproof of your statement while making the statement. The third time you demonstrated a complete lack of understanding about the core beliefs of our system of justice by stating that the burden of proof was to be brought by the accused rather than the accuser.

    You don't get a fourth chance. You are everything the people here have said you are, and probably more, but I'm no longer interested in hearing any more from you. You're not intellectually capable of holding a conversation that requires any degree of logic or rationality.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 10-08-2018 at 05:24 PM.

  3. #2673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Ford testified under oath.
    So did Kavanaugh and he denied the whole thing.

    Perhaps we should go by Ford's own witnesses to say what happened.

    Wait! They all said she's lying.

    Hmm...

    I guess we just ignore that fact and ignore the fact that Kavanaugh denied the allegations under oath and pretend Ford's testimony is the only one that matters.

  4. #2674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    I'm not sure you understand what constitutes viable evidence. In fact, I'm very sure you don't. You haven't displayed anything but proven incorrect statements this entire time. The first time, you claimed that you weren't quoting facts but only your opinion when I lined it up next to facts that you also posted. The second, you quoted disproof of your statement while making the statement. The third time you demonstrated a complete lack of understanding about the core beliefs of our system of justice by stating that the burden of proof was to be brought by the accused rather than the accuser.

    You don't get a fourth chance. You are everything the people here have said you are, and probably more, but I'm no longer interested in hearing any more from you. You're not intellectually capable of holding a conversation that requires any degree of logic or rationality.
    You've gone from "literay any evidence" to "viable evidence" within two posts so you've conceded that there is evidence to support Ford. I get that in your opinion, the evidence does not meet your standards of proof. I understand that's your position but it's illogical for you to say there is no evidence.

  5. #2675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    You've gone from "literay any evidence" to "viable evidence" within two posts so you've conceded that there is evidence to support Ford. I get that in your opinion, the evidence does not meet your standards of proof. I understand that's your position but it's illogical for you to say there is no evidence.
    Kavanaugh’s testimony is just as much “evidence” as Ford’s was. Feel free to explain why this isn’t the case.

    Only difference is Ford’s “witnesses” couldn’t back up anything and dems tried to get her friend to change her story.

    But yeah, totally credible in Soy World.

    You are the absolute stupidest motherfucker in PC history. I don’t think you can fully grasp what this means, as we’ve had some whoppers on here years before you ever showed up sharting soy everywhere.

    And you’re dumber than all of them. Possibly even al of them combined. You’re like the Obama debt of stupidity for the PC.
    Last edited by Methais; 10-08-2018 at 05:38 PM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.


    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  6. #2676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    https://thehill.com/regulation/court...law-clerk-team

    Improving representation or savage as fuck?

    You decide.
    He's also hired as many female black law clerks as Justice Ginsberg has in her 25 years on the bench.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk aka The Creepy Sponge View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  7. #2677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Oh don't be foolish. We all know by now that it doesn't matter if he did have a history like that. As we've seen, the GOP will go to any lengths to rationalize supporting trumps agenda and they have the votes. You don't even have to fake it anymore. You got the WH, congress (will probably keep the senate) and SCOTUS. You don't have to pretend anymore.
    OMG IS THIS THE 2ND MELTDOWN!?!?

    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

    Someone, make popcorn. He's going to blow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk aka The Creepy Sponge View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  8. #2678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Slow down Stumplicker. Evidence was produced. Ford testified under oath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk aka The Creepy Sponge View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  9. #2679
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    10,563
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Yes it's speculative about Kavanaugh. Not so much about Chua or her husband's advice.
    Chua backtracked:

    In an emailed statement, Chua told the Guardian: “For the more than 10 years I’ve known him, Judge Kavanaugh’s first and only litmus test in hiring has been excellence. He hires only the most qualified clerks, and they have been diverse as well as exceptionally talented and capable.

    “There is good reason so many of them have gone on to supreme court clerkships; he only hires those who are extraordinarily qualified. As I wrote in the Wall Street Journal, he has also been an exceptional mentor to his female clerks and a champion of their careers. Among my proudest moments as a parent was the day I learned our daughter would join those ranks.”
    while Rubenfeld is "under investigation for conduct with female law students", and now says he doesn't know what he had allegedly said.

    This is how I know you didn't read past the title of the article.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  10. #2680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Chua backtracked:



    while Rubenfeld is "under investigation for conduct with female law students", and now says he doesn't know what he had allegedly said.

    This is how I know you didn't read past the title of the article.
    Nah, I read it and like I said before I mostly posted it because I found it funny with his promise to hire female clerks. It's not going further than this article and the whole thing is moot now isn't it?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •