Page 44 of 291 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So if I had started with "He's clearly a predator because" AND also only listed that single point- you would be right.

But since my conclusion was: There are a few things that lend credibility to her accusations and a few things that question the credibility of his response.

And since I provided 4 points of evidence to support that conclusion...

It would be more accurate to say that your take on my argument is getting dangerously close to a Monty Python skit.
    The rest of your post was along the lines of 'he may have lied before so it's more likely he's lying now' and 'the woman has no benefit to lie so she is clearly telling the truth'. Both points are weak enough that I didn't really feel the need to directly respond to them. The 'he has everything to gain by lying about not being a sexual predator' bit was the only thing that stopped me because of how outlandish it is.

Also, I don't think you actually know what Monty Python is, which in itself is a very strong indictment of your character.
    Last edited by Taernath; 09-17-2018 at 04:22 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    It really is fascinating watching The Salem Witch Trials unfold right before our own eyes.

I vividly remember learning about this in school and thinking "How can people be so dumb and cruel?"

And yet here we are convicting a man (in a sense) based on one allegation and the argument is if the man were guilty he would lie about it and the accuser has no reason to lie. This is straight out of the Salem Witch Trials.

It's like we as a society hit a peak of civility a few years ago and we are now sliding backwards.
    It reminds me of the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings - the same logic was used to defend Anita Hill's accusations.
    Last edited by Candor; 09-17-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    The rest of your post was along the lines of 'he may have lied before so it's more likely he's lying now' and 'the woman has no benefit to lie so she is clearly telling the truth'. Both points are weak enough that I didn't really feel the need to directly respond to them. The 'he has everything to gain by lying about not being a sexual predator' bit was the only thing that stopped me because of how outlandish it is.

Also, I don't think you actually know what Monty Python is, which in itself is a very strong indictment of your character.
    That recount of my argument isn't even remotely accurate.

The fact that he has lied under oath before does ding his credibility in a war between two competing testimonies. That isn't remotely the same thing as suggesting it means he's automatically lying.

I didn't actually make any conclusions about who is telling the truth- my entire argument was about how the current facts in the situation affect the credibility of each person.

What's even more puzzling is that the point of mine you quoted literally included this sentence

That's not proof of anything, but it does mean that the two testimonies are not necessarily created equally- particularly in the court of public opinion.
    So I'm not really sure what argument you think you're making here, but whatever it is you inferred is not what my argument stated.

PS I didn't find any of the Monty Python movies more than mildly funny. Sorry/Not Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    It reminds me of the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings - the same logic was used to defend Anita Hill's accusations.
    I can't say this with certainty, but I don't recall Thomas having a history of lying under oath during previous confirmation hearings.

If nothing else, that makes this situation very different.

5. Default

That's strange, I don't recall George Takei's career hanging in the balance or half of congress dragging his name through the mud.

Oh. Oh I see! You know you have absolutely nothing to contribute to this discussion, what little speck of conscience you have left realizes how fucked up this all is but you can't bring yourself to admit it so you're deflecting to George Takei's #MeToo moment that almost no one wanted to believe because he's George Takei.

A+ for effort, F for still being a failure of a human being.
    Weird, you don't recall obsessing about his one accuser and how you were absolutely sure he was guilty? Funny how your partisanship comes into play even when sexual assault/harassment is at hand.

The fact that he has lied under oath before does ding his credibility in a war between two competing testimonies.
    Again you're talking about someone who has been in the public spotlight a lot the past few months and in the public spotlight overall for decades now and comparing him to a woman none of us knew about until 36 hours ago and saying "Well see that one time he lied? She has never lied." You're so intellectually dishonest it's disgusting.

I didn't actually make any conclusions about who is telling the truth
    The hell you didn't.

4) Kavanaugh has a lot to gain by lying about the situation and a lot to lose by being honest.
    Right there. Right fucking there you say Kavanaugh has a lot to lose by being honest, clearly suggesting he's not being honest because obviously the "truth" is that he's a witch and of course a witch would lie about being a witch and why would a woman falsely accuse someone of being a witch. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Weird, you don't recall obsessing about his one accuser and how you were absolutely sure he was guilty? Funny how your partisanship comes into play even when sexual assault/harassment is at hand.
    Why don't you actually post a quote?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Weird, I don't recall saying he should lose his career over one accusation, or that congress should get involved, or that the FBI should investigate it. Because I didn't. Because once again you have nothing at all except to be your usual piece of shit self. You going to pull up a quote from me now that doesn't say anything at all what you're suggesting it says then say "See? I was right all along!" It's not like you've done that before.

All you have are your deflections and whataboutisms. time4fun really should invest in a better white knight because you're shit at this.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 09-17-2018 at 05:05 PM.

9. Default

"Sanai told the committee leadership that “there are persons who work for, or who have worked for, the federal judiciary who have important stories to tell about disgraced former Chief Judge Alex Kozinski, and his mentee, current United States Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. I know that there are people who wish to speak out but fear retaliation because I have been contacted by more than a half-dozen such persons since Judge Kozinski resigned in disgrace.”

This must be what Feinstein was referring to when she said there were more things about Kavanaugh that people didn't know about.

https://theintercept.com/2018/09/17/...her-responded/

10. Default

Weird, I don't recall saying he should lose his career over one accusation, or that congress should get involved, or that the FBI should investigate it. Because I didn't. Because once again you have nothing at all except to be your usual piece of shit self. You going to pull up a quote from me now that doesn't say anything at all what you're suggesting it says then say "See? I was right all along!" It's not like you've done that before.
    This isn't about him losing his career, this is about a single accuser bringing up something that happened years ago and you swallowing it completely because Takei is a Democrat. But now that a Republican SCOTUS seat is on the line you're acting horrified that a single accusation of an event that happened years ago should be taken seriously. I know asking you to act consistent is too much so I won't.