Page 201 of 280 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2795

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I think they are voting regardless. I imagine the Dems want it to vote with an incompletel investigation, because that might make a couple Republicans vote against Kavanaugh, because other wise, he is going to be confirmed.
    Agreed that it's difficult to see them pushing the vote. I think they'll hold it even if they don't have the votes (which they most likely will).

    I agree with CWolf that even when you set aside the sexual assault allegations, his blatently partisan attacks along with the fact that he lied multiple times under oath (and already had a history of that) make him grossly unqualified for this position.

    But our politics have become so toxic that he could have murdered a child during his testimony without losing a single Republican vote.

  2. #2002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    I agree with CWolf that even when you set aside the sexual assault allegations, his blatently partisan attacks along with the fact that he lied multiple times under oath (and already had a history of that) make him grossly unqualified for this position.
    Hey everyone, here's a shocker! After the false rape allegations wasn't enough to sink Kavanaugh's confirmation time4fun found yet another reason she thinks he's unqualified!

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Hey everyone, here's a shocker! After the false rape allegations wasn't enough to sink Kavanaugh's confirmation time4fun found yet another reason she thinks he's unqualified!
    You mean the reason that existed even before the sexual assault issue came out.

  4. #2004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    You mean the reason that existed even before the sexual assault issue came out.
    You mean the things she's specifically referring to in his last appearance before the senate?

    time4fun, I hope you're not spending too much on your white knight here, he sucks at his job.

  5. Default

    Lying under oath during the confirmation hearing, which was pointed out by us more than once, before the sexual assault issue came up.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Or this one where he flat out lies:

    BLUMENTHAL: [In law, there’s a Latin phrase that means] ‘false in one thing, false in everything.’ Meaning in jury instructions that [prosecutors tell] the jury that they can disbelieve a witness if they find them to be false in one thing. So the core of why we’re here today really is credibility. Let me talk…

    KAVANAUGH: But the core of why we’re here is an allegation for which the four witnesses present have all said it didn’t happen.
    The entire basis of wanting to question Kavanaugh has been "there are rape allegations!". The very instant those cries were appeased and it became clear that yes, in fact as the actual facts show, those allegations have no proof, you switched gears to "But look how bad he is!". And to do so, you held up a question as an example where Kavanaugh answered correctly that the reason he was answering questions was to answer for a rape allegation for which there was no proof.

    The question of "Is there any proof that the allegations are true?" has been answered. They were answered a week ago and then again and again and again. You're now seeking to punish someone for a crime they did not commit because they answered an investigatory question regarding allegations by stating that the purpose for the questioning was those allegations. You further quoted that answer as evidence of a lie.

    That logic isn't even backwards. It's completely absent.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 09-30-2018 at 07:36 PM.

  7. #2007
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In amazement
    Posts
    3,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    I'm saying Kavanaugh lied under oath . . .
    Suddenly the Left is worried about lying under oath to Congress. HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

  8. #2008
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In amazement
    Posts
    3,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    The entire basis of wanting to question Kavanaugh has been "there are rape allegations!". The very instant those cries were appeased and it became clear that yes, in fact as the actual facts show, those allegations have no proof, you switched gears to "But look how bad he is!". And to do so, you held up a question as an example where Kavanaugh answered correctly that the reason he was answering questions was to answer for a rape allegation for which there was no proof.

    The question of "Is there any proof that the allegations are true?" has been answered. They were answered a week ago and then again and again and again. You're now seeking to punish someone for a crime they did not commit because they answered an investigatory question regarding allegations by stating that the purpose for the questioning was those allegations. You further quoted that answer as evidence of a lie.

    That logic isn't even backwards. It's completely absent.
    This is correct.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

  9. Default

    Suddenly Rocktar isn't worried about people lying under oath to Congress.

  10. #2010
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    With your mom
    Posts
    3,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    The entire basis of wanting to question Kavanaugh has been "there are rape allegations!". The very instant those cries were appeased and it became clear that yes, in fact as the actual facts show, those allegations have no proof, you switched gears to "But look how bad he is!". And to do so, you held up a question as an example where Kavanaugh answered correctly that the reason he was answering questions was to answer for a rape allegation for which there was no proof.

    The question of "Is there any proof that the allegations are true?" has been answered. They were answered a week ago and then again and again and again. You're now seeking to punish someone for a crime they did not commit because they answered an investigatory question regarding allegations by stating that the purpose for the questioning was those allegations. You further quoted that answer as evidence of a lie.

    That logic isn't even backwards. It's completely absent.
    This is correct.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •