Page 266 of 291 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 2909

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    And not a single report of him sexually harassing any of them. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Oh don't be foolish. We all know by now that it doesn't matter if he did have a history like that. As we've seen, the GOP will go to any lengths to rationalize supporting trumps agenda and they have the votes. You don't even have to fake it anymore. You got the WH, congress (will probably keep the senate) and SCOTUS. You don't have to pretend anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Oh don't be foolish. We all know by now that it doesn't matter if he did have a history like that. As we've seen, the GOP will go to any lengths to rationalize supporting trumps agenda and they have the votes. You don't even have to fake it anymore. You got the WH, congress (will probably keep the senate) and SCOTUS. You don't have to pretend anymore.
    You're dumb and you should feel dumb.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

3. Default

Oh don't be foolish. We all know by now that it doesn't matter if he did have a history like that.
    Yes, it does matter, as evidenced by the huge circus act we just went through. And if there had been literally any evidence to support any of the claims, he would not have been confirmed and may have even faced criminal charges.

Someone screamed rape, it was taken very seriously, no evidence was produced, and we all moved on with our lives. But had there been any evidence at all, you're saying that everything would've turned out exactly the same?

Give me a break.

Blog Entries

He's got a history of hiring female clerks. HOT female clerks.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-yale-amy-chua
    This is why reading comprehension is so important. The article doesn't say what you think it says, it's speculating on two people's speculation:

There is no allegation that the female students who worked for Kavanaugh were chosen because of their physical appearance or that they were not qualified.

“It is possible that they were making observations but not following edicts from him,” said one student who received such instructions. “I have no reason to believe he was saying, ‘Send me the pretty ones’, but rather that he was reporting back and saying, ‘I really like so and so,’ and the way he described them led them to form certain conclusions.”
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    This is why reading comprehension is so important. The article doesn't say what you think it says, it's speculating on two people's speculation:
    Shut up you alt-right Nazi troll racist bigot homophobe transphobe soyphobe logicphobe
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Yes, it does matter, as evidenced by the huge circus act we just went through. And if there had been literally any evidence to support any of the claims, he would not have been confirmed and may have even faced criminal charges.

Someone screamed rape, it was taken very seriously, no evidence was produced, and we all moved on with our lives. But had there been any evidence at all, you're saying that everything would've turned out exactly the same?

Give me a break.
    Slow down Stumplicker. Evidence was produced. Ford testified under oath. Inconsistencies emerged from Kavanaugh's explanations along with his crazy performance for which he half-ass apologized in the WSJ. His testimony wasn't tested in any way. They still pushed it out of committee with the promise of an investigation which was micromanaged by the very guy whose job it was to get Kavanaugh through the nomination process.

Add in the moral flexibility, the elastic relationship to truth and the gross amount of lies which pour out of the WH only to be advanced by the base and it's entirely credible to believe that nothing could have changed this.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Yes it's speculative about Kavanaugh. Not so much about Chua or her husband's advice. It didn't gain any traction and the people interviewed don't want to come forward for fear of jeopardizing their careers.

All in all it's not even going to be footnote in the Kavanaugh saga, I thought it was funny though in relation to his promise to hire female clerks. His campaign promise to hire women is weird in and of itself. "All Female Clerks! Vote Kavanaugh!" He's way too political for this job but he's in and he'll probably be there for the rest of my life. It's a shame but it's the way it is.

9. Default

Slow down Stumplicker. Evidence was produced. Ford testified under oath. Inconsistencies emerged from Kavanaugh's explanations along with his crazy performance for which he half-ass apologized in the WSJ. His testimony wasn't tested in any way. They still pushed it out of committee with the promise of an investigation which was micromanaged by the very guy whose job it was to get Kavanaugh through the nomination process.

Add in the moral flexibility, the elastic relationship to truth and the gross amount of lies which pour out of the WH only to be advanced by the base and it's entirely credible to believe that nothing could have changed this.
    I'm not sure you understand what constitutes viable evidence. In fact, I'm very sure you don't. You haven't displayed anything but proven incorrect statements this entire time. The first time, you claimed that you weren't quoting facts but only your opinion when I lined it up next to facts that you also posted. The second, you quoted disproof of your statement while making the statement. The third time you demonstrated a complete lack of understanding about the core beliefs of our system of justice by stating that the burden of proof was to be brought by the accused rather than the accuser.

You don't get a fourth chance. You are everything the people here have said you are, and probably more, but I'm no longer interested in hearing any more from you. You're not intellectually capable of holding a conversation that requires any degree of logic or rationality.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 10-08-2018 at 04:24 PM.

Ford testified under oath.
    So did Kavanaugh and he denied the whole thing.

Perhaps we should go by Ford's own witnesses to say what happened.

Wait! They all said she's lying.

Hmm...

I guess we just ignore that fact and ignore the fact that Kavanaugh denied the allegations under oath and pretend Ford's testimony is the only one that matters.