Page 200 of 291 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2909

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Hey everyone, here's a shocker! After the false rape allegations wasn't enough to sink Kavanaugh's confirmation time4fun found yet another reason she thinks he's unqualified!
    You mean the reason that existed even before the sexual assault issue came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    You mean the reason that existed even before the sexual assault issue came out.
    You mean the things she's specifically referring to in his last appearance before the senate?

time4fun, I hope you're not spending too much on your white knight here, he sucks at his job.

3. Default

Lying under oath during the confirmation hearing, which was pointed out by us more than once, before the sexual assault issue came up.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Or this one where he flat out lies:

BLUMENTHAL: [In law, there’s a Latin phrase that means] ‘false in one thing, false in everything.’ Meaning in jury instructions that [prosecutors tell] the jury that they can disbelieve a witness if they find them to be false in one thing. So the core of why we’re here today really is credibility. Let me talk…

KAVANAUGH: But the core of why we’re here is an allegation for which the four witnesses present have all said it didn’t happen.
    The entire basis of wanting to question Kavanaugh has been "there are rape allegations!". The very instant those cries were appeased and it became clear that yes, in fact as the actual facts show, those allegations have no proof, you switched gears to "But look how bad he is!". And to do so, you held up a question as an example where Kavanaugh answered correctly that the reason he was answering questions was to answer for a rape allegation for which there was no proof.

The question of "Is there any proof that the allegations are true?" has been answered. They were answered a week ago and then again and again and again. You're now seeking to punish someone for a crime they did not commit because they answered an investigatory question regarding allegations by stating that the purpose for the questioning was those allegations. You further quoted that answer as evidence of a lie.

That logic isn't even backwards. It's completely absent.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 09-30-2018 at 06:36 PM.

I'm saying Kavanaugh lied under oath . . .
    Suddenly the Left is worried about lying under oath to Congress. HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    The entire basis of wanting to question Kavanaugh has been "there are rape allegations!". The very instant those cries were appeased and it became clear that yes, in fact as the actual facts show, those allegations have no proof, you switched gears to "But look how bad he is!". And to do so, you held up a question as an example where Kavanaugh answered correctly that the reason he was answering questions was to answer for a rape allegation for which there was no proof.

The question of "Is there any proof that the allegations are true?" has been answered. They were answered a week ago and then again and again and again. You're now seeking to punish someone for a crime they did not commit because they answered an investigatory question regarding allegations by stating that the purpose for the questioning was those allegations. You further quoted that answer as evidence of a lie.

This is correct.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

7. Default

Suddenly Rocktar isn't worried about people lying under oath to Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post

This is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Agreed that it's difficult to see them pushing the vote.
    I'm glad they are pushing the vote. This is a smear job and it's sick you are perfectly fine with it.

I think they'll hold it even if they don't have the votes (which they most likely will).
    Yes, they will. Deal with it.

I agree with CWolf that even when you set aside the sexual assault allegations, his blatently partisan attacks along with the fact that he lied multiple times under oath (and already had a history of that) make him grossly unqualified for this position.
    He didn't lie. You're the liar.

But our politics have become so toxic that the Democrats will make up anything, even ruin a man's reputation and life, just to stop this nomination from happening
    Agreed.

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/...naugh-is-lying

This is a LONG article about Kavanaugh lying and dissembling before the Senate committee under oath. As an American it's difficult to read this and the included transcripts and not get pissed off. He is on the horns of a dilemma and I understand that. Either tell the truth and be disqualified because of his past behavior or lie and be disqualified for lying. He chose to grandstand, lie and fight back with any tool at hand i.e.; Clintons, liberal groups and other perceived enemies while also attacking and sneering at the Senators who were there to ask him questions. How can one rule on the law after displaying such a lack of respect for the legislature?

There is no way to read this and think to yourself, "Ya, this guy should definintely be on the U.S. Supreme Court."

Take this exchange for example:

WHITEHOUSE: So the vomiting that you reference in the Ralph Club reference, related to the consumption of alcohol?

KAVANAUGH: Senator, I was at the top of my class academically, busted my butt in school. Captain of the varsity basketball team. Got in Yale College. When I got into Yale College, got into Yale Law School. Worked my tail off.

or this one:

KLOBUCHAR: OK. Drinking is one thing, but the concern is about truthfulness, and in your written testimony, you said sometimes you had too many drinks. Was there ever a time when you drank so much that you couldn’t remember what happened, or part of what happened the night before?

KAVANAUGH: No, I — no. I remember what happened, and I think you’ve probably had beers, Senator, and — and so I…

KLOBUCHAR: So you’re saying there’s never been a case where you drank so much that you didn’t remember what happened the night before, or part of what happened.

KAVANAUGH: It’s — you’re asking about, you know, blackout. I don’t know. Have you?

KLOBUCHAR: Could you answer the question, Judge? I just — so you — that’s not happened. Is that your answer?

KAVANAUGH: Yeah, and I’m curious if you have.

Or this one where he flat out lies:

BLUMENTHAL: [In law, there’s a Latin phrase that means] ‘false in one thing, false in everything.’ Meaning in jury instructions that [prosecutors tell] the jury that they can disbelieve a witness if they find them to be false in one thing. So the core of why we’re here today really is credibility. Let me talk…

KAVANAUGH: But the core of why we’re here is an allegation for which the four witnesses present have all said it didn’t happen.
    LOL.

Great source. Let's see what they say about themselves:
    "The Wall Street Journal of surrealistic left-wing policy journals."
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.