Page 63 of 291 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

So this is a little bit of what has happened to Dr Ford's life since her letter was leaked and she spoke to the Washington Post:

At 10:28 Tuesday morning, a Twitter account with a white nationalist talking point for its handle posted Christine Blasey Ford’s personal address.

This was at least the third time a Twitter user had “doxed” Ford — posted her personal information online — since she revealed her identity to The Washington Post and accused President Donald Trump’s Supreme Court nominee of sexual assault.
    Ford’s attorneys said that she wants the FBI to investigate the incident first, and that “her worst fears have materialized” as a result of her coming forward.

“She has been the target of vicious harassment and even death threats,” they wrote. “As a result of these kind of threats, her family was forced to relocate out of their home. Her email has been hacked, and she has been impersonated online.”
    Meanwhile, Ford has erased any social media presence from the Internet. A spokeswoman for Palo Alto University confirmed she is still employed there, though her name and contact information no longer appear on the school’s website.
    ...But she has also faced a stream of harassing messages and threats.

“No one believes you,” one message said. “Karma is a a bitch and it will be visiting you very very soon.”

Ford and her family have moved out of their home as a security precaution, and she and her husband are staying apart from their two children. “She’s spending her time trying to figure out the logistics of her life as it is now and how to keep herself and her family safe,” the person said.

But, sure, she just woke up and day and made up a story for fun. This is what women who accuse powerful men of sexual harassment or assault face. And they all know this is going to happen to them.

We treat them like criminals, and 99.9% of them are actually brave, principled human beings who are trying to cope with what happened to them and to help keep this from happening to other people.

2. Default

That's precisely what happened to the Jane Doe that was going to come forward against Trump with rape accusations. The death threats got so bad she decided not to.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    This is what women who accuse powerful men of sexual harassment or assault face. And they all know this is going to happen to them.
    Oh fuck off. Steve Harvey was subjected to this kind of treatment from you "inclusive" liberals because he dared to have a meeting with Trump while being black. Don't pretend like this shit only happens to women who accuse "powerful men" of sexual harassment.

And doubly fuck off if you think this proves that her story is real.

Oh yeah and let's not gloss over her laughable excuse that she doesn't want to testify before congress until after the FBI conducts their investigation. Just furthering the senate Democrats' bullshit motive to delay the process as long as possible.

She goes from "I'll do anything I can to ensure justice is served" to "Well.........I don't want to go all the way to DC........at least not until the FBI conducts an investigation they already said they aren't going to conduct."

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    That's precisely what happened to the Jane Doe that was going to come forward against Trump with rape accusations. The death threats got so bad she decided not to.
    One of the most horrific elements of how we respond to allegations of sexual assault is the way people unleash abject fury- and even violence- upon any woman who dares to come forward seeking justice for the trauma inflicted on her, and then we use the fact that women are reluctant to come forward and often take years to get to a point where they feel like they can as an excuse to treat her like a liar.

It's a strategy intended to keep victims quiet.

The defining, and unique, characteristic of sexual assault is that it's the one crime where we treat the victims worse than the perpetrators.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Oh yeah and let's not gloss over her laughable excuse that she doesn't want to testify before congress until after the FBI conducts their investigation. Just furthering the senate Democrats' bullshit motive to delay the process as long as possible.

She goes from "I'll do anything I can to ensure justice is served" to "Well.........I don't want to go all the way to DC........at least not until the FBI conducts an investigation they already said they aren't going to conduct."
    Yeah, getting harassed and sent death threats is a totally laughable excuse..

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    One of the most horrific elements of how we respond to allegations of sexual assault is the way people unleash abject fury- and even violence- upon any woman who dares to come forward seeking justice for the trauma inflicted on her, and then we use the fact that women are reluctant to come forward and often take years to get to a point where they feel like they can as an excuse to treat her like a liar.

It's a strategy intended to keep victims quiet.

The defining, and unique, characteristic of sexual assault is that it's the one crime where we treat the victims worse than the perpetrators.
    I bet more than just Androidpk and cwolff would believe your bullshit crocodile tears if you spent even just five minutes feeling sorry for the women who are victims of Democrats.

But you don't because you don't really give a shit. You are just yet again using people's suffering to further you own disgusting political agenda. You really do have a black heart. You are one of the most evil people I know.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I bet more than just Androidpk and cwolff would believe your bullshit crocodile tears if you spent even just five minutes feeling sorry for the women who are victims of Democrats.

But you don't because you don't really give a shit. You are just yet again using people's suffering to further you own disgusting political agenda. You really do have a black heart. You are one of the most evil people I know.
    Says the dude that doesn't give a shit that 20+ women have said Trump sexually assaulted/harassed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Yeah, getting harassed and sent death threats is a totally laughable excuse..
    Are you retarded or just hoping to score some more weed from time4fun?

She's not saying she won't ever testify, only after the FBI conducts the investigation they already said they won't do. So no, it has nothing to do with the harassment or death threats she is receiving and everything to do with her continuing the Democrats' ploy of delaying the confirmation vote. You would know this and comment on it if you weren't so busy "holding both sides accountable."

10. Default

You seem to be highly confused as to what holding both sides accountable means. You also seemed to be highly obsessed with the fact that I criticize both parties when I feel that they're doing something wrong. Must suck to be you.