Page 245 of 280 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 2795

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    None of your arguments are consistent.

You do believe old white men should tell a woman what she can do with her body, as long as they allow her a few weeks to do what she wants first.
    You keep referring to abortion as a "clump of cells" yet you believe abortions should be legal until 28 weeks although it stops being a "clump of cells" at around 11 weeks at which point it becomes a fetus, and viability starts at around 20 weeks with a 50% survival chance at 24 weeks with the survival chance increasing from there.
    You just willfully miss the consistency. The key point is where one defines a fetus as a "human." Once that happens, killing it is murder.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

2. Default

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    There's no good reason to jam Kavanaugh through like this. It sullies the court and is wholly unnecessary. When Kavanaugh ran into trouble the thing to do was withdraw and get a new conservative judge. That's it. It's simple. Instead the GOP led by trump used it to ratchet up our cold civil war.
    It's pretty telling that Stevens doesn't think Kavanaugh belongs on the court. Of course the GOP won't listen though, party over country and the ends justify the means, no matter the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    You just willfully miss the consistency. The key point is where one defines a fetus as a "human." Once that happens, killing it is murder.
    Oh great so we can classify some instances of abortion as murder, we're just stuck on deciding when it stops being a "medical procedure" and when it starts being "murder."

So far your argument seems to be that it's not murder if it's just "a bunch of cells" yet you think abortions up until 28 weeks is okay even though there is a greater than 50% chance of survival for a fetus outside of the womb by that point.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    And they laugh when people say 4 more years.
    This makes great material for Democrat fund raising letters though.

6. Default

Incels arguing against abortion is a bigger joke than Trump.
    Last edited by Androidpk; 10-04-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Incels arguing against abortion is a bigger joke than Trump.
    Even Briarfox considers some abortions as murder. Are you saying you're even further left than he? So much for being in the middle holding both sides accountable.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 10-04-2018 at 06:28 PM.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Even Briarfox considers some abortions as murder. Are you saying you're even further left than he? So much for being in the middle holding both sides accountable.
    Is Briarfox arguing against abortion? Nope. Try again!

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    I'm a huge joke.
    Yep.

Right. Well, I tried to have an honest debate, and the level of the discourse went up a bit, but I think we're at an impasse. Bai.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.