Page 45 of 291 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    This isn't about him losing his career, this is about a single accuser bringing up something that happened years ago and you swallowing it completely because Takei is a Democrat. But now that a Republican SCOTUS seat is on the line you're acting horrified that a single accusation of an event that happened years ago should be taken seriously. I know asking you to act consistent is too much so I won't.
    subpoena subpoena

"Sanai told the committee leadership that “there are persons who work for, or who have worked for, the federal judiciary who have important stories to tell about disgraced former Chief Judge Alex Kozinski, and his mentee, current United States Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. I know that there are people who wish to speak out but fear retaliation because I have been contacted by more than a half-dozen such persons since Judge Kozinski resigned in disgrace.”

This must be what Feinstein was referring to when she said there were more things about Kavanaugh that people didn't know about.

https://theintercept.com/2018/09/17/...her-responded/
    The thing that stands out here, though, is that (according to Sanai) Feinstein never responded to his letter. I get why Grassley might not have- he would have wanted everything in that letter to go away.

But Feinstein had no such motivation. Obviously Sanai's track record here is good, but there's just a strange hole in this that doesn't quite add up. There are lots of reasons why Feinstein's office may not have reached out to him- ranging from totally mundane to concerning- but this raises the possibility that the letter didn't come across as particularly credible.

I don't know. I'm having a hard time making sense out of that.
    Last edited by time4fun; 09-17-2018 at 05:26 PM.

This isn't about him losing his career
    Glad to see you admit the situations aren’t similar at all. Good job.

I don’t even remember what I said about the Takei thing. Something tells me you’re going by your faulty memory as well because time4fun desperately needs some deflections right now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    That recount of my argument isn't even remotely accurate.

The fact that he has lied under oath before does ding his credibility in a war between two competing testimonies. That isn't remotely the same thing as suggesting it means he's automatically lying.

I didn't actually make any conclusions about who is telling the truth- my entire argument was about how the current facts in the situation affect the credibility of each person.
    That he may have lied under oath in a previous matter dings his credibility when it comes to him denying being a sexual predator? I guess Ford better hope that she's never lied about anything at all previously because it would ding her credibility when it comes to her allegations of sexual assault. That's how it works, right?

What's even more puzzling is that the point of mine you quoted literally included this sentence

So I'm not really sure what argument you think you're making here, but whatever it is you inferred is not what my argument stated.
    That's a variation of the "I'm not racist, but..." defense.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    That he may have lied under oath in a previous matter dings his credibility when it comes to him denying being a sexual predator? I guess Ford better hope that she's never lied about anything at all previously because it would ding her credibility when it comes to her allegations of sexual assault. That's how it works, right?

That's a variation of the "I'm not racist, but..." defense.
    So 1) Yes, having a history of lying under oath specifically to further your career makes subsequent testimony made under oath with the same end goal more questionable than that of someone with no such previous history. Look, if you want to play fantasy land here and try to argue that it doesn't- be my guest. But it's an argument that is neither accurate nor sincere.

2) I guess we're still in fantasy land

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Glad to see you admit the situations aren’t similar at all. Good job.

I don’t even remember what I said about the Takei thing. Something tells me you’re going by your faulty memory as well because time4fun desperately needs some deflections right now.
    Just like you didn't remember talking about how Obama lowered the office of the presidency?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So 1) Yes, having a history of lying under oath specifically to further your career makes subsequent testimony made under oath with the same end goal more questionable than that of someone with no such previous history. Look, if you want to play fantasy land here and try to argue that it doesn't- be my guest. But it's an argument that is neither accurate nor sincere.
    Calling a denial of sexual assault 'furtherance of your career' is one of the most bizarre, bad faith, and poorly-reasoned things I've ever read on these boards. You're desperately grasping at straws just to find a way to ignore presumption of innocence. I was hoping all your gender studies degrees would help you catch the point I was making with referencing Ford, but I guess it went over your head.

2) I guess we're still in fantasy land
    Apparently. Enjoy your stay.
    Last edited by Taernath; 09-17-2018 at 06:43 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    The idea that someone could be discredited through impossible-to-prove allegations should make you uncomfortable.
    You're talking about the guy that wants to deprogram 1/3 of the nation.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Just like you didn't remember talking about how Obama lowered the office of the presidency?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    You going to pull up a quote from me now that doesn't say anything at all what you're suggesting it says then say "See? I was right all along!" It's not like you've done that before.
    It's like I'm psychic.

I'm sure I did say something about the George Takei accusation, but I know for a fact I wasn't calling for his career to be ended, nor calling for an FBI investigation, nor calling for congress to drag his name through the mud, which is what is happening here. I'm pretty sure I was making fun of feminists with the Takei accusation because it was when the #MeToo movement first started and everyone was losing their careers over accusations but when it came to Takei he was off limits and untouchable. But if you have quotes of me saying something else or saying he should have lost his job then by all means post the quotes. But something tells me this is the whole Obama lowered quote nonsense all over again.

You are a pathetic little man.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    It's enough to cause reasonable doubt, in my mind. But we all know that's being bombarded with chemicals most days.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984