Page 55 of 291 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    They should have called in Mike Judge as well for this hearing.
    Fixed.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

And George Soros makes an appearance! I was wondering when he'd pop up.

Look at what’s going on with Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation proceedings for the Supreme Court, and the fingerprints of George Soros are all over it.

First there was a report from June in the Daily Caller that found “a new political advocacy group that vowed to put $5 million behind an effort to stop … Kavanaugh’s confirmation has significant ties to the liberal financier” Soros.
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-and-links-ge/

They're getting their messaging mixed up. Either he was at the party or he wasn't. He either didn't do anything like this at all or it was just horseplay. What is it? Kavanaugh's team needs to pick a story and stick to it.

Severino was defending Kavanaugh as the judge prepares to testify before the Senate next Monday. Bolduan asked if Ford’s accusation—which includes the claim that Kavanaugh assaulted her at a party in Maryland when he was 17—is “disqualifying” if true.
    Severino said Ford’s description of Kavanaugh’s attack ranges from “boorishness to rough horseplay to actual attempted rape.”
    https://www.alternet.org/cnns-boldua...rish-horseplay

And when was the last time this tactic was used? Oh that’s right.. when the Dems lost elections and another Republican President was nominating another judge and the Dems had no other options to fight back with...

Same play, different characters....
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

It is baffling and horrifying that some people would rather believe in an elaborate plot to disrupt a nomination than in a rather run-of-the-mill sexual assault. That's a lot of doubling-down on bias there.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

6. Default

You really think a mother and wife would put herself, her husband, and her children through all of this just to block a nomination? Even if he voted down or withdraws, it's still more certain than not that another equally conservative judge will be nominated. That's an incredible price to pay for what will almost assuredly yield nothing.

I also have to point out that elements of this story don't lend themselves to your interpretation.

For one, she brought this up long before this confirmation hearing. At least 6 years ago, and she told several people (turns out a few friends were told as well).

Secondly, she wasn't going to come forward with this. The reason Feinstein sat on this information is that the accuser requested it. Someone leaked this letter to the press. That's not the behavior of someone looking to stop a nomination. She's not out doing press tours, she's fled the press, and she only reluctantly agreed to testify Monday.

And finally, if she set out to fake a story- why would she have involved a third person? That's an extremely risky element to add to a story because that person is going to deny it happened- meaning it's the word of two people againt one.

None of this is the behavior of someone who just woke up one day and decided to try to stop a confirmation.

The thing I'll point out is that the kneejerk reaction on the right when these things have happened has always been to blame the accuser. But the track record suggests that they are virtually always telling the truth.

Because no one wants to jump into a meat grinder for fun.
    I know it's not apparent in my posts but I do appreciate your interpretation of the events.

I haven't decided either way as to who is telling the truth. I believe the Senate is doing the right thing in having both parties testify in a hearing. Hopefully the truth will be apparent afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    It is baffling and horrifying that some people would rather believe in an elaborate plot to disrupt a nomination than in a rather run-of-the-mill sexual assault. That's a lot of doubling-down on bias there.
    Not really, considering the left's track record with being so full of shit about pretty much everything and vowing to do literally anything and everything possible to stop anything Trump tries to do. It's not like they've made a secret of the fact that this is their plan ever since Hillary got pwned.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-18-2018 at 02:28 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

You really think a mother and wife would put herself, her husband, and her children through all of this just to block a nomination?
    You really think a woman would just lie about someone being a witch?

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    I know it's crazy. Why would women make up stories about people being witches? It's better to believe witches are real and are tormenting these women. People are so biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Not really, considering the left's track record with being so full of shit about pretty much everything and vowing to do literally anything and everything possible to stop anything Trump tries to do. It's not like they've made a secret of the fact that this is their plan ever since Hillary got pwned.
    Why does this have to be a left or right issue? A woman claims she was sexually assaulted.

Are you insinuating that this woman is lying and the Democrats put her up to it?

She seems fairly credible at this point.