Page 177 of 291 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2909

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Probably.

The ABA just weighed in with a pretty intense letter calling on the committee to halt the process for an FBI investigation. It's unclear how much weight that holds, but, candidly, that's a cringe-worthy stain for any Judge to have on their record.

Refusing an FBI investigation is damaging to everyone's reputation right now- including Kavanaugh's.
    You're retarded. How butthurt are you going to be when he gets confirmed? Please make sure to post here with your butthurt retard rantings for our entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    Remember when pk said more than once that he thought kavanaugh was going to withdraw? Wrong. Now he's going to get confirmed. How mad will cwolff4pk be about this? Going to be even more whining here soon!
    Both he and time4analysis are so good at it though.

Blog Entries

Crazy cat lady ,who is scared to fly, flies to have a lie detector test completed that crazy cat lady has no idea who paid for it. Crazy cat lady describes lie detector test ,that some stranger paid for, like it's some torture device from the inquisition.

Crazy cat lady can't recall dates and is relying on a kid from 36 years ago to remember the dates he worked at a grocery store who says he doesn't even remember the party crazy cat lady is talking about.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Judge Kavanaugh showed America exactly why I nominated him. His testimony was powerful, honest, and riveting. Democrats’ search and destroy strategy is disgraceful and this process has been a total sham and effort to delay, obstruct, and resist. The Senate must vote!
    Trump tweeted this out.

Ford said she didn't remember all of the specifics such as the date or place of the alleged attack
    If this ever sees the inside of a court, Defense is going to completely punch holes in this woman.

5. Default

You know, if he had been accused of any other crime and abjectly refused to allow the FBI to investigate- he would have been unanimously voted down. Everyone would agree how fucking suspicious that is.

But since it was just sexually assaulting women- he's clearly a victim, and there's nothing weird about the fact that he looked positively PANICKED every time anyone mentioned an FBI investigation.
    If he had been accused of robbing a store 35 years ago the "investigation" would've started and stopped at "is there literally any evidence? no? Okay goodbye stop wasting our time". The only reason anyone is still hanging onto it is exactly because of the type of allegation it is. This is the metoo movement being yanked around and held up as a battle standard in a petty political squabble. It's both despicable, and casts a shadow on something people should and do take very seriously.

You of all people should be mad at this, not supporting it. Pick a less stupid hill to die on.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    If he had been accused of robbing a store 35 years ago the "investigation" would've started and stopped at "is there literally any evidence? no? Okay goodbye stop wasting our time". The only reason anyone is still hanging onto it is exactly because of the type of allegation it is. This is the metoo movement being yanked around and held up as a battle standard in a petty political squabble. It's both despicable, and casts a shadow on something people should and do take very seriously.

You of all people should be mad at this, not supporting it. Pick a less stupid hill to die on.
    This is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post

Whatever personality this is, gave a great comment. Please stay this person.

T4F and the radical left don’t care about evidence. It was never about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Both he and time4anal are so good at it though.
    Fixed.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Flake, Collins, Murkowski and Manchin are voting yes.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...votes-n2523402

Before this news broke, I was planning an epic post today about how both Republicans and Democrats want an outcome at odds with their interests. Instead of giving you the epic version, I'll just summarize what I had planned to say.

A Senate vote confirming Kavanaugh will generate the wrong turnout metrics in the midterms. Defeat of Kavanaugh would allow Trump to submit a popular nominee before the midterms and campaign on the necessity of keeping control of the Senate to ensure actually seating the nominee on the court. Confirming Kavanaugh carries continuing risk for Republicans, because more people from Kavanaugh's past are likely to come forward to challenge his testimony from yesterday. The Kavanaugh nomination will hound Trump throughout the 2020 campaign, if Trump runs for re-election.

For Democrats, it's the opposite. Kavanaugh's confirmation in the Senate will boost their slim chances of taking the Senate, increase their odds of taking the House and set the stage for 2020. Conversely, if Kavanaugh is defeated, then Trump will nominate someone equally conservative, whom Republican Senators will rush through before January, negating any victory the Democrats thought they had won.

10. Default

From The New Yorker -
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/curre...rett-kavanaugh

"I love Kavanaugh’s tone,” Donald Trump, Jr., tweeted fifteen minutes into Brett Kavanaugh’s opening statement in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee. He was referring to the judge’s wildly emotional performance, in which he alternated between shouting, as he blamed the Clintons and the Democrats for conspiring to torpedo his nomination to the Supreme Court, and weeping, as he spoke about the pain that he and his family have experienced in the weeks since accusations of sexual assault against him became public. Kavanaugh choked up and sobbed as he described his father’s detailed calendars, which apparently inspired his own calendar-keeping practice; he seemed unable to gain control over himself, gasping and taking frequent sips of water. The initial impression was of naked emotional vulnerability, but Kavanaugh was setting a tone. Embedded in the histrionics were the unmistakable notes of fury and bullying. Kavanaugh shouted over Dianne Feinstein to complain about the “outrage” of not being allowed to testify earlier; when asked about his drinking, by Sheldon Whitehouse, he replied, “I like beer. You like beer? What do you like to drink, Senator?” with a note of aggressive petulance that is hard to square with his preferred self-image of judicious impartiality and pious Sunday churchgoing. Lindsey Graham eagerly took up the angry-man mantle, using his allotted five minutes of questioning to furiously shout at his Democratic colleagues.

What we are seeing is a model of American conservative masculinity that has become popular in the past few years, one that is directly tied to the loutish, aggressive frat-boy persona that Kavanaugh is purportedly seeking to dissociate himself from. Gone are the days of a terse John Wayne-style stoicism. Now we have Trump, ranting and raving at his rallies; we have Alex Jones, whose habit of screaming and floridly weeping as he spouts his conspiracy theories is a key part of his appeal to his audience. When Kavanaugh is not crying or shouting, he uses a distinctly adolescent tone that might best be described as “talking back.” He does not respond to senators. He negs them. His response, when he is asked about his drinking, is to flip the question and ask the senators how they like their alcohol; his refusal to say whether he would coöperate with an F.B.I. investigation brings to mind a teen-ager stonewalling his parents. If Kavanaugh is trying to convince the public that he could never have been capable, as a teen-ager, of aggression or peer pressure, this is an odd way to go about it.