Page 22 of 291 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    That's ambitious for the Democrat party. It seems like they don't have any strategy at all. There are more than enough issues for them to be hammering. Things like voting rights, corruption in trumps cabinet, booming national debt because of tax cuts and trump's fucked up tweeting. The sun is shining and they can't make hay. It's like they're afraid of success.

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    I actually think Kavanaugh is going to make it through and become a Justice. I just think the Dem strategy is to air every piece of dirty laundry they can find on him and then turn around and point at this whole mess to incite people to come out for them in the all important mid-terms.
    Certainly yes.

Though one thing I'll point out here- so far what we've seen of Kavanaugh is potential perjury and rape. This isn't your typical "dirty laundry". These are (or should be) serious concerns.

Unfortunately the partisan nature of everything right now means that the GOP is more than happy to overlook "little" things like these if it lets them have a Supreme Court that's willing to gut civil rights laws, stomp on voting rights, and to keep dark money in politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Geijon View Post
    Are the Democrats actually going to stop a supreme court nominee. Maybe, actually?
    No, but the Republicans might

4. Default

A delay in the vote = more time for documents to come out. It isn't looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    No, but the Republicans might
    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    A delay in the vote = more time for documents to come out. It isn't looking good.
    I don't see that it will matter much. Can they delay it for two years and hope to get a Dem elected to replace trump? On a side note, I'd love to know what kind of conversations went on with Kennedy's retirement. There's only rumor of impropriety and I don't believe it will go any further than rumor. There was also a biopic about RBG recently. I'm surprised she survived it. LOL It seems like people die just before their movie comes out but all jokes aside we have to be prepared that she's not got much longer on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    . . . she's not got much longer on the bench.
    We can only hope this is true.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

7. Default

She'll step down after 2020 when a Dem is POTUS. Obama can take her spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Geijon View Post
    Are the Democrats actually going to stop a supreme court nominee. Maybe, actually?
    Democrats have no power to do anything of the sort.

Elections have consequences + Dirty Harry Reid changing the Senate rules = Dear Democrats: Sit down and stfu.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Democrats have no power to do anything of the sort.

Elections have consequences + Dirty Harry Reid changing the Senate rules = Dear Democrats: Sit down and stfu.
    Perfect example of Robespierre's Law
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    She'll step down after 2020 when a Dem is POTUS. Obama can take her spot.
    The independent who holds both sides accountable ladies and gentleman, now speaking exactly like a far left lunatic.

I was only mostly joking when I thought you were now living on time4fun's couch, but now I'm starting to wonder.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 09-16-2018 at 10:44 PM.