Page 50 of 291 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

Blog Entries

This is one of my favorites.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    I didn't find any of the Monty Python movies more than mildly funny. Sorry/Not Sorry
    OH WOW BIG FUCKING SHOCKER THERE!
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Just like you didn't remember talking about how Obama lowered the office of the presidency?
    Remember how that discussion was originally about you saying he said that Obama "degraded" the office of the presidency, he posted quotes of himself that said Obama "lowered" the office of the presidency and not "degraded" and proved your dumb claims wrong, you tried to play semantics over it, and then you moved the goalposts and were like "Just like you said you didn't say Obama lowered the office of the presidency?"?

Remember that? Because it was pretty fucking hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Tgo deflects madly once again to cover up his own extreme levels of hypocrisy.
    Watch now as you deflect madly once again to cover up your own extreme levels of stupidity in just a minute.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-17-2018 at 09:31 PM.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Remember how that discussion was originally about you saying he said that Obama "degraded" the office of the presidency, he posted quotes of himself that said Obama "lowered" the office of the presidency and not "degraded" and proved your dumb claims wrong, you tried to play semantics over it, and then you moved the goalposts and were like "Just like you said you didn't say Obama lowered the office of the presidency?"?

Remember that? Because it was pretty fucking hilarious.
    If it was deleted it never happened.

And um...sorry but Hillary won the popular vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    And she spent days scrubbing her social media accounts before this came about. She's an activist with an axe to grind. I hope she gets destroyed. This is Anita Hill 2.0.
    Confirmed pk is Anita Hill 2.0 see you on TV Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Confirmed pk is Anita Hill 2.0 see you on TV Monday.
    Live feed via couch?

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Seems like there is data on it. Its about 5.5%. That is pretty far from unheard of.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_accusation_of_rape
    So first- recall my statement that it's incredibly rare outside of severe mental illness. Secondly, we've been talking about cases where someone specific is accused. The vast majority of cases deemed to be false rape cases don't involve an accusation against someone.

The UK did a study on this, and only 39 out of 216 false rape claims involved naming a specific person. This study is one the most comprehensive studies of false rape claims ever made. So that means that only about 18% of false rape claims involved a specific person being accused.

Based on the FBI study you cited and the UK study, that means that we're talking about a [.9% - (% of accounts from people with severe mental illness)] chance that this story is a false accusation.

So yes, false accusations against specific people are incredibly rare

So first- recall my statement that it's incredibly rare outside of severe mental illness. Secondly, we've been talking about cases where someone specific is accused. The vast majority of cases deemed to be false rape cases don't involve an accusation against someone.
    The spin is happening! It's happening!

Based on the FBI study you cited and the UK study, that means that we're talking about a [.9% - (% of accounts from people with severe mental illness)] chance that this story is a false accusation.
    time4fun: "We can just discount the idea that she is suffering from mental illness! That's just impossible!"

To whom did she originally tell her story to?

time4fun: "Her therapist of course, silly!"

I can't even begin to make this shit up, it's just that fucking bizarre.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 09-17-2018 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Live feed via couch?

The UK did a study on this, and only 39 out of 216 false rape claims involved naming a specific person. This study is one the most comprehensive studies of false rape claims ever made. So that means that only about 18% of false rape claims involved a specific person being accused.

So yes, false accusations against specific people are incredibly rare
    A study in 2005 in UK well before the metoo movement.

LOL - there's no way you went to a "prestigous school". This is very sloppy and highly demonstrates you just Google crap and re-purpose it as if you "know" something about it.