Page 67 of 291 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    What are my standards anyway?
    Fair question, do me a favor and dispel any illusions I may have about them. What is it you hope to achieve in a conversation and where do you draw the line on behavior you deem unacceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Fair question, do me a favor and dispel any illusions I may have about them. What is it you hope to achieve in a conversation and where do you draw the line on behavior you deem unacceptable?
    I hope that we can talk about politics here. Mostly just politics. Take Rocktar as an example. He and I disagree vehemently and often exchange words and insults. It's not great but I don't ignore him because he also puts forward ideas to support why he thinks what he thinks. On the other hand we have people like methais, PB, Wraithwhatever, even TG today who will do nothing but attack the human on the other end of the keyboard while neglecting completely the subject of the post.

I hope that we can talk about politics here. Mostly just politics. Take Rocktar as an example. He and I disagree vehemently and often exchange words and insults. It's not great but I don't ignore him because he also puts forward ideas to support why he thinks what he thinks. On the other hand we have people like methais, PB, Wraithwhatever, even TG today who will do nothing but attack the human on the other end of the keyboard while neglecting completely the subject of the post.
    So you're willing to exchange insults so long as the person is discussing something, so long as they put forward ideas that support why they think the way they do. Justifying their stance, essentially. You disapprove of attacking the person on the other end of the keyboard without respect to the subject/topic of discussion.

Right?

So you're willing to exchange insults so long as the person is discussing something, so long as they put forward ideas that support why they think the way they do. Justifying their stance, essentially. You disapprove of attacking the person on the other end of the keyboard without respect to the subject/topic of discussion.

Right?
    I'm not advocating attacking anyone personally. I'm not idealistic enough to believe that it won't happen and I don't mind a little rough talk myself. Just have something to say, keep it honest and on topic. That's not too much too ask.

I'm not advocating attacking anyone personally.
    So is it okay for a person that is in the midst of antagonizing and being antagonized to seek out personal information and attempt to cause personal and professional harm? You may not advocate for it but it happened and you are defending the actions of someone that has attempted to get personal. Why defend what you do not advocate?

So is it okay for a person that is in the midst of antagonizing and being antagonized to seek out personal information and attempt to cause personal and professional harm? You may not advocate for it but it happened and you are defending the actions of someone that has attempted to get personal. Why defend what you do not advocate?
    No, I don't approve of that. I understand it but don't approve it and I hope we don't get to the point where people are doxing and swatting and taking PC issues IRL.

What actions am I defending by the way?

No, I don't approve of that. I understand it but don't approve it and I hope we don't get to the point where people are doxing and swatting and taking PC issues IRL.

What actions am I defending by the way?
    Are you not saying that PK didn't try to dox Methais and get him fired? I'm fairly certain someone could pull up your defense of PK in a few threads on the topic.

Are you not saying that PK didn't try to dox Methais and get him fired? I'm fairly certain someone could pull up your defense of PK in a few threads on the topic.
    Are you saying that I defended PK for threatening methais with contacting his place of work?

Are you saying that I defended PK for threatening methais with contacting his place of work?
    I'm fairly certain there was a large exchange on this yesterday where things were rehashed. I'm not one to go post digging, so I won't but I'm positive you did.

10. Default

I never tried to get him fired, I made a threat to get him to back off on his constant following me from thread to thread spamming me with his BS.