Page 267 of 280 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 2795

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

Default Justice Kavanaugh keeps promise to hire all-female law clerk team:

https://thehill.com/regulation/court...law-clerk-team

Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh has hired four women to clerk for him, maintaining a pledge during his confirmation process to hire an all-female staff, The New York Times reported Sunday.

The hires reportedly make Kavanaugh, who was confirmed and sworn in over the weekend, the first Supreme Court justice to have an all-female staff.
    The Times reported that only one of the four women, Kim Jackson, previously worked for Kavanaugh at the appellate court level. The other three are Shannon Grammel, Megan Lacy and Sara Nommensen, each of whom worked for appeals court judges appointed by Republicans, it added.

Lacy has also worked for Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), the newspaper reported.

Kavanaugh told senators last month in his confirmation hearing that the majority of his clerks during his 12 years as a federal judge have been women in an effort to improve representation, and that, if confirmed, he planned to hire all women for his initial staff.
    Improving representation or savage as fuck?

You decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    https://thehill.com/regulation/court...law-clerk-team

Improving representation or savage as fuck?

You decide.
    He's got a history of hiring female clerks. HOT female clerks.

A top professor at Yale Law School who strongly endorsed supreme court nominee Brett Kavanaugh as a “mentor to women” privately told a group of law students last year that it was “not an accident” that Kavanaugh’s female law clerks all “looked like models” and would provide advice to students about their physical appearance if they wanted to work for him, the Guardian has learned.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-yale-amy-chua
    Last edited by cwolff; 10-08-2018 at 04:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post

And not a single report of him sexually harassing any of them. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    And not a single report of him sexually harassing any of them. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Oh don't be foolish. We all know by now that it doesn't matter if he did have a history like that. As we've seen, the GOP will go to any lengths to rationalize supporting trumps agenda and they have the votes. You don't even have to fake it anymore. You got the WH, congress (will probably keep the senate) and SCOTUS. You don't have to pretend anymore.

Oh don't be foolish. We all know by now that it doesn't matter if he did have a history like that. As we've seen, the GOP will go to any lengths to rationalize supporting trumps agenda and they have the votes. You don't even have to fake it anymore. You got the WH, congress (will probably keep the senate) and SCOTUS. You don't have to pretend anymore.
    You're dumb and you should feel dumb.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

6. Default

Oh don't be foolish. We all know by now that it doesn't matter if he did have a history like that.
    Yes, it does matter, as evidenced by the huge circus act we just went through. And if there had been literally any evidence to support any of the claims, he would not have been confirmed and may have even faced criminal charges.

Someone screamed rape, it was taken very seriously, no evidence was produced, and we all moved on with our lives. But had there been any evidence at all, you're saying that everything would've turned out exactly the same?

Give me a break.

Blog Entries

This is why reading comprehension is so important. The article doesn't say what you think it says, it's speculating on two people's speculation:

There is no allegation that the female students who worked for Kavanaugh were chosen because of their physical appearance or that they were not qualified.

“It is possible that they were making observations but not following edicts from him,” said one student who received such instructions. “I have no reason to believe he was saying, ‘Send me the pretty ones’, but rather that he was reporting back and saying, ‘I really like so and so,’ and the way he described them led them to form certain conclusions.”
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    This is why reading comprehension is so important. The article doesn't say what you think it says, it's speculating on two people's speculation:
    Shut up you alt-right Nazi troll racist bigot homophobe transphobe soyphobe logicphobe
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Yes, it does matter, as evidenced by the huge circus act we just went through. And if there had been literally any evidence to support any of the claims, he would not have been confirmed and may have even faced criminal charges.

Someone screamed rape, it was taken very seriously, no evidence was produced, and we all moved on with our lives. But had there been any evidence at all, you're saying that everything would've turned out exactly the same?

Give me a break.
    Slow down Stumplicker. Evidence was produced. Ford testified under oath. Inconsistencies emerged from Kavanaugh's explanations along with his crazy performance for which he half-ass apologized in the WSJ. His testimony wasn't tested in any way. They still pushed it out of committee with the promise of an investigation which was micromanaged by the very guy whose job it was to get Kavanaugh through the nomination process.

Add in the moral flexibility, the elastic relationship to truth and the gross amount of lies which pour out of the WH only to be advanced by the base and it's entirely credible to believe that nothing could have changed this.