Page 79 of 291 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Feminist Studies. Technically the MA is in a related field with a concentration in Gender as Stanford has no MA program for Feminist Studies. (Or, at least, didn't when I was there)
    You're retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    Stanford was the one school I applied to that turned me down. I didn't even make the wait list. They were "unable to offer you admission", like it was their fault. So uhmm...yeah...it was their fault (somehow).
    You're retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Can not believe that this Whelan dude, who's job title is President of the Ethics and Public Policy Center, put up that tweet. Haven't seen anything from Garrett, but I'm assuming he's talking to lawyers.
    You're retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    Stanford was the one school I applied to that turned me down. I didn't even make the wait list. They were "unable to offer you admission", like it was their fault. So uhmm...yeah...it was their fault (somehow).
    It's a lottery school. You have to have enough money to "buy the ticket", but after that it's all luck. I remember an admissions officer once said- if you handed me an application I rejected yesterday, I might accept it today. We put so much weight on getting in vs being rejected. But luck and privilege are like 75% of game.

My favorite Stanford admissions story, though, was about the essay from one applicant. The prompt was (paraphrasing) Ask yourself a question and then answer it.

One applicant wrote:
    "Do you play the tuba?
    No."

They got in
    Last edited by time4fun; 09-21-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    https://twitter.com/EdWhelanEPPC/sta...747713024?s=19

This dude's saying that Chris Garrett tried to rape Ford and he's got it all sleuthed out with maps and diagrams.

Haven't heard from Mr. Garrett today but his life just got shitty

Attachment 9174

L2Forum noob
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

It's a lottery school. You have to have enough money to "buy the ticket", but after that it's all luck. I remember an admissions officer once said- if you handed me an application I rejected yesterday, I might accept it today. We put so much weight on getting in vs being rejected. But luck and privilege are like 75% of game.

My favorite Standard admissions story, though, was about the essay from one applicant. The prompt was (paraphrasing) Ask yourself a question and then answer it.

One applicant wrote:
    "Do you play the tuba?
    No."

They got in
    So basically, community colleges offer a better opportunity than the money pit you attended?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    So basically, community colleges offer a better opportunity than the money pit you attended?
    Well, my reading comprehension is a lot better than yours. So, I'm going to say....no.

Blog Entries

Well, my reading comprehension is a lot better than yours. So, I'm going to say....no.
    Didn't you say luck and privilege are 75% of the game?

One also has to take into account the finished product. Using you as an example, this is one shitty school.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Trump says there was an attack but it wasn't that bad..

Blog Entries

Their football team is garbage as fuck (just like the entire PAC 12), and that is all that matters in College.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam