Page 36 of 291 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Is he really a high school teacher? Damn. That's fucked up that a mind like his is influencing children.
    My Aunt is an educator and there's some GoT level shit being played by teachers sometimes. A guy shit posting and meme-lording is the last thing you have to worry about an educator doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    I disappeared? Keep making up your stories. It's all you have.
    Except you did for like 1-2 weeks.

I like how you didn't deny literally everything else in that post though.

God damn you're dumb. Like really really dumb.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

No idea. I just know he can spend years harassing people here on the PC but as soon as someone says something back to him he cries foul.
    It isn't about saying something back to him. It is about your cyber stalking and going outside the boards to try and get at him because you are butthurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    My Aunt is an educator and there's some GoT level shit being played by teachers sometimes. A guy shit posting and meme-lording is the last thing you have to worry about an educator doing.
    A teacher was recently fired here for FB posts.
    Last edited by Gelston; 09-17-2018 at 01:59 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    It isn't about saying something back to him. It is about your cyber stalking and going outside the boards to try and get at him because you are butthurt.

Except it was about saying something back to him, that was the sole reason. You don't have to agree with it because I don't give a fuck. Keep crying about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Kavanaugh shouldn't be confirmed based on his questionable testimony from 2006, the stolen emails from Leahy, and withholding of records by the GOP.

This allegation was the cherry on top. Hopefully he does the right thing and he withdraws.
    I agree with this. There's credible evidence that he lied under oath- and specifically about using emails that were illicitly stolen from the DNC in what would amount to a cyber crime today. And now there's credible evidence of aggravated rape.

At this point, he really should withdraw. It's actually highly unlikely he could get 50 votes now anyway.

As to whether or not the GOP is actually going to push for it- that's iffy. The GOP fear is going to be that if they have to deal with a new nominee, it'll end up effectively pushing the vote back to after the elections- which is then easily pushed back until the end of the year. There aren't actually all that many legislative days left in the year (though legislative days are often longer than a day- it's a whole weird thing).

The concern is going to be that the already fired up Democrats are going to flood the polls if the nomination process looks like it might get kicked back until January. The GOP is heavily favored to keep control of the Senate, but there are several key races that are VERY close right now. Something like this could tilt things in favor of the Democrats.

Of course, as I pointed out before, pushing Kavanaugh through could also end up wasting time, could turn white suburban women against the GOP even more heavily, and there's still a significant chance he won't actually be confirmed. So that, in and of itself, could cause their worst-case scenario to happen.

They're not faced with a lot of great options right now.

Blog Entries

Except it was about saying something back to him, that was the sole reason. You don't have to agree with it because I don't give a fuck. Keep crying about it though.
    rofl, okay, little bitch boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Are you defending him? Fuck that guy. He's trash. No need for you to step up for him especially considering all the shit you all talk to me, T4f and Pk about defending each other. You're not the only one though. Forty was white knighting for PB the other day. Imagine that? Defending Pb. SMH

Blog Entries

I agree with this. There's credible evidence that he lied under oath- and specifically about using emails that were illicitly stolen from the DNC in what would amount to a cyber crime today. And now there's credible evidence of aggravated rape.

At this point, he really should withdraw. It's actually highly unlikely he could get 50 votes now anyway.

As to whether or not the GOP is actually going to push for it- that's iffy. The GOP fear is going to be that if they have to deal with a new nominee, it'll end up effectively pushing the vote back to after the elections- which is then easily pushed back until the end of the year. There aren't actually all that many legislative days left in the year (though legislative days are often longer than a day- it's a whole weird thing).

The concern is going to be that the already fired up Democrats are going to flood the polls if the nomination process looks like it might get kicked back until January. The GOP is heavily favored to keep control of the Senate, but there are several key races that are VERY close right now. Something like this could tilt things in favor of the Democrats.

Of course, as I pointed out before, pushing Kavanaugh through could also end up wasting time, could turn white suburban women against the GOP even more heavily, and there's still a significant chance he won't actually be confirmed. So that, in and of itself, could cause their worst-case scenario to happen.

WHAT credible evidence? It is he said, she said.

9. Default

Women are more active in politics now than ever before. Going ahead with this vote would be the final nail in the coffin for the GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    1st episode kill right there.