Page 80 of 291 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Trump says there was an attack but it wasn't that bad..

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Personally, I feel Trump shouldn't talk about this. Let it play out. His tweeting about it helps nothing.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Trump says there was an attack but it wasn't that bad..

Translation: See all those women who accused ME were lying! MeMeMeMeMeMe! "

He's making this situation worse for Congressional Republicans.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Personally, I feel Trump shouldn't talk about this. Let it play out. His tweeting about it helps nothing.
    That's been the case since Day 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    His tweeting about it helps nothing.
    That's not entirely true. It's helping Congressional Democrats quite a bit.

But he definitely needs to stop talking. He's her President. She's one of the people whose well-being he's responsible for.

Even leaving all of the other horrendous things he's said and done out, this is why he's not fit to be a President.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    That's not entirely true. It's helping Congressional Democrats quite a bit.

But he definitely needs to stop talking. He's her President. She's one of the people whose well-being he's responsible for.

Even leaving all of the other horrendous things he's said and done out, this is why he's not fit to be a President.
    Leave your partisan ship out of it. I'm talking about the process. Kavanaugh is going to be confirmed.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

The dam has broken..

The dam has broken.
    Weren't people around her aware of the attack? Why did none of those people take some form of proactive step to help the woman? You don't just, "Oh yeah, I heard she was raped. How about that weather?" You call the police and say, "I think there was an assault." This isn't a movie, cops don't fuck around with that.

I know, I know. The victim should be the one to do it but if you consider her your friend, you'd be there. Not gossiping about it like school girls. Where the fuck were her parents back then? Why did nobody show a suspected assault victim some humanity and help them?

Why now?

9. Default

Do I really have to be the one to mention that in the 80s, drunkenly groping a chick wasn't really considered assault...That was like...good old fashioned John Hughes hijinks. Edit to clarify: Therefore it doesn't surprise me it wasn't reported or treated seriously at the time.

That said, opinions on what does or does not consitute assault have been more well established for let's say at least a decade now. Yes there's obviously still some grey area, but "I was sexually assaulted by this man" was something that could've and would've been mentioned in the last ten years if it was worth mentioning outside of a political context to this woman.

The fact that it waited for political context to become an issue causes the entire claim to be diluted and lack credulity. It has to be filtered now through a lens of politics. A week earlier or a week later and that's not true.

Why exactly now then? Because politics, so fuck that.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 09-21-2018 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    Do I really have to be the one to mention that in the 80s, drunkenly groping a chick wasn't really considered assault...That was like...good old fashioned John Hughes hijinks. Edit to clarify: Therefore it doesn't surprise me it wasn't reported or treated seriously at the time.
    According to her, she fled the premises when the assault attempted to take place. That's not something you sweep under the rug, a la John Hughes hijinks.