Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    He's got a history of hiring female clerks. HOT female clerks.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-yale-amy-chua
    This is why reading comprehension is so important. The article doesn't say what you think it says, it's speculating on two people's speculation:

There is no allegation that the female students who worked for Kavanaugh were chosen because of their physical appearance or that they were not qualified.

“It is possible that they were making observations but not following edicts from him,” said one student who received such instructions. “I have no reason to believe he was saying, ‘Send me the pretty ones’, but rather that he was reporting back and saying, ‘I really like so and so,’ and the way he described them led them to form certain conclusions.”
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    This is why reading comprehension is so important. The article doesn't say what you think it says, it's speculating on two people's speculation:
    Shut up you alt-right Nazi troll racist bigot homophobe transphobe soyphobe logicphobe
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Yes it's speculative about Kavanaugh. Not so much about Chua or her husband's advice. It didn't gain any traction and the people interviewed don't want to come forward for fear of jeopardizing their careers.

All in all it's not even going to be footnote in the Kavanaugh saga, I thought it was funny though in relation to his promise to hire female clerks. His campaign promise to hire women is weird in and of itself. "All Female Clerks! Vote Kavanaugh!" He's way too political for this job but he's in and he'll probably be there for the rest of my life. It's a shame but it's the way it is.

Blog Entries

Yes it's speculative about Kavanaugh. Not so much about Chua or her husband's advice.
    Chua backtracked:

In an emailed statement, Chua told the Guardian: “For the more than 10 years I’ve known him, Judge Kavanaugh’s first and only litmus test in hiring has been excellence. He hires only the most qualified clerks, and they have been diverse as well as exceptionally talented and capable.

“There is good reason so many of them have gone on to supreme court clerkships; he only hires those who are extraordinarily qualified. As I wrote in the Wall Street Journal, he has also been an exceptional mentor to his female clerks and a champion of their careers. Among my proudest moments as a parent was the day I learned our daughter would join those ranks.”
    while Rubenfeld is "under investigation for conduct with female law students", and now says he doesn't know what he had allegedly said.

This is how I know you didn't read past the title of the article.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Chua backtracked:

while Rubenfeld is "under investigation for conduct with female law students", and now says he doesn't know what he had allegedly said.

This is how I know you didn't read past the title of the article.
    Nah, I read it and like I said before I mostly posted it because I found it funny with his promise to hire female clerks. It's not going further than this article and the whole thing is moot now isn't it?

Nah, I read it and like I said before I mostly posted it because I found it funny with his promise to hire female clerks. It's not going further than this article and the whole thing is moot now isn't it?
    Isn't cwolff just the biggest piece of shit ever?

"We should hire more women! Fuck the patriarchy!"

Kavanaugh hires women.

"He only hires hot, sexy women! I demand he hire more ugly women!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Isn't cwolff just the biggest piece of shit ever?

"We should hire more women! Fuck the patriarchy!"

Kavanaugh hires women.

"He only hires hot, sexy women! I demand he hire more ugly women!"
    Objective reasoning is not part of his paradigm. It's destroy Kavanaugh at all costs, through any means possible.