Page 155 of 291 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 2909

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Terrible. First of all its an admission. According to FiveThirtyEight Not a single Republican woman has served on the Senate Judiciary Committee in its 200-year history.

I also have to believe that there will be a photo of the entire spectacle with this lone woman sitting below and in front of the senators which will beg the question, "Who is she and why is she there". No answer to that question is favorable on the GOP.

As for Mitchell, the best she can hope for is to get out of this clean. She's a hired gun, trying her best to be sweet and sensitive, but ultimately her job is to provide the kill shot.
    You're retarded.

Terrible. First of all its an admission. According to FiveThirtyEight Not a single Republican woman has served on the Senate Judiciary Committee in its 200-year history.

I also have to believe that there will be a photo of the entire spectacle with this lone woman sitting below and in front of the senators which will beg the question, "Who is she and why is she there". No answer to that question is favorable on the GOP.

As for Mitchell, the best she can hope for is to get out of this clean. She's a hired gun, trying her best to be sweet and sensitive, but ultimately her job is to provide the kill shot.
    Why do you hate women? Racist.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

3. Default

The GOP also ended up creating a situation where some old white guy is interrupting two women every 5 minutes.

And the fact that they kept referring to Mitchell's time as their time- Grassley literally referred to "his questions" at the very beginning when he turned over to Mitchell- just makes them look cowardly and inept.

I don't think they helped themselves with this.

And honestly, Kavanaugh has a VERY uphill battle here following Ford's testimony. It's going to be really hard to set a tone that doesn't make him look like he's bullying her or demeaning her.

If he actually is innocent (which is looking really doubtful right now), the smartest things he could have done were 1) To push for the FBI to investigation (the GOP and White House couldn't have blocked it at that point) and 2) to have proactively defended Ford as a way to defend all women. i.e. He should have said "Look, I didn't do this. But the way we treat Dr Ford sends a message to millions of women who were victims of sexual assault, and she should be treated with respect and given a forum to speak".

If he had done those things- he wouldn't be on the verge of losing his nomination.

Also Kavanaugh knows that without an impartial report from a non-partisan agency like the FBI clearing him, he'll always live in suspicion. If he's innocent- there's EVERY reason to demand an FBI investigation.

The fact that he hasn't is really telling.
    Last edited by time4fun; 09-27-2018 at 11:41 AM.

The GOP also ended up creating a situation where some old white guy is interrupting two women every 5 minutes.

And the fact that they kept referring to Mitchell's time as their time- Grassley literally referred to "his questions" at the very beginning when he turned over to Mitchell- just makes them look cowardly and inept.

And honestly, Kavanaugh has a VERY uphill battle here following Ford's testimony. It's going to be really hard to set a tone that doesn't make him look like he's bullying her or demeaning her.

If he actually is innocent (which is looking really doubtful right now), the smartest things he could have done were 1) To push for the FBI to investigation (the GOP and White House couldn't have blocked it at that point) and 2) to have proactively defended Ford as a way to defend all women. i.e. He should have said "Look, I didn't do this. But the way we treat Dr Ford sends a message to millions of women who were victims of sexual assault, and she should be treated with respect and given a forum to speak".

If he had done those things- he wouldn't be on the verge of losing his nomination.

Also Kavanaugh knows that without an impartial report from a non-partisan agency like the FBI clearing him, he'll always live in suspicion. If he's innocent- there's EVERY reason to demand an FBI investigation.

[Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

TR;DR

Yes. And his bro Mark Judge should be standing on the steps of the capital begging for a chance to clear his buddies name. The whole thing stinks. Kavanaugh should have politely withdrawn his name from consideration when this shit started to approach the fan. He can clear his name independent of SCOTUS and not bring this taint to the court.

I've said it before (actually just repeated what another said) but everything trump touches turns to shit. EVERYTHING.

Yes. And his bro Mark Judge should be standing on the steps of the capital begging for a chance to clear his buddies name. The whole thing stinks. Kavanaugh should have politely withdrawn his name from consideration when this shit started to approach the fan. He can clear his name independent of SCOTUS and not bring this taint to the court.

I've said it before (actually just repeated what another said) but everything trump touches turns to shit. EVERYTHING.
    crying.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    This is correct.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    For a crybaby bitch that always talks about how legally astute they are, you are sure ready to assume guilt. How about you have a big ole helping of innocent until proven guilty? Oh, that's right, because you are a feminist cunt and you think you are winning some great crusade you think it's ok to be guilty until proven innocent and then you are still guilty since you are a male. Why don't you haul your ass to Great Britain where that is how their legal system works AND they are ok with harboring criminals who break immigration law.
    ROFL

So allow me to remind you that the Legislative Branch and the Judiciary are separate Branches of Government.

So when we're looking at a Congressional inquiry, it's not a court of law. Another good hint on this is that no one here is talking about throwing him in jail.

So I honestly don't know why you're talking about principles of the Judiciary right now.

ROFL

So allow me to remind you that the Legislative Branch and the Judiciary are separate Branches of Government.

So when we're looking at a Congressional inquiry, it's not a court of law. Another good hint on this is that no one here is talking about throwing him in jail.

So I honestly don't know why you're talking about principles of the Judiciary right now.
    ROFL

Oh honey...

You forgot "Oh honey..." after your ROFL.

Reported.

Reported again.
    Last edited by Methais; 09-27-2018 at 12:02 PM.