Page 140 of 291 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2909

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Let me guess the "okay" hand symbol is also a white nationalist symbol?
    This is an old argument but basically it boils down to personal interpretations because as something as diverse a means of communication as hand signs are, you can't convince someone otherwise if they see it as a racist symbol.

The creator of Pepe came out and told white nationalists to fuck off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Pepe the frog was their avatar in 4Chan it looks like. That's a white nationalist symbol (which is why people freaked out when Trump re-tweeted Pepe in one of his tweets as a candidate)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

I bet that most of the people (not all, but most) who think pepe is still just a frog and flashing the OK symbol at inappropriate times is just saying OK, would also call someone a fag for having a rainbow sticker on their car or as an avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    I bet that most of the people (not all, but most) who think pepe is still just a frog and flashing the OK symbol at inappropriate times is just saying OK, would also call someone a fag for having a rainbow sticker on their car or as an avatar.
    u r a fag

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    You are wrong. It's a frog.
    I'm not wrong- the two states are not mutually exclusive.

The Alt-right/white nationalist movement appropriated the symbol, and anyone on 4Chan who is using Pepe the Frog as their avatar is very well aware of what it means. And they're using it intentionally.

Your subsequent point about the creator of Pepe the Frog telling them to "fuck off" undercuts your entire argument. He wouldn't have said anything if it weren't being used by white nationalists as their symbol. And they don't need his permission to use the symbol.

This is a pretty ridiculous argument for you to be making.
    Last edited by time4fun; 09-25-2018 at 08:22 PM.

A civilian contractor working with the U.S. armed forces in Afghanistan has been fired after video footage posted online this week showed him wearing a white nationalist “Kekistan” flag patch on his helmet.
    Don't mean to stray to far from the topic of this thread but just saw this.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    This is an old argument but basically it boils down to personal interpretations because as something as diverse a means of communication as hand signs are, you can't convince someone otherwise if they see it as a racist symbol.
    I think it's a dangerous road to go down to allow other people to determine an otherwise old and harmless gesture is now considered racist. Where would the madness end?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I think it's a dangerous road to go down to allow other people to determine an otherwise old and harmless gesture is now considered racist. Where would the madness end?
    Symbols change meaning depending on who uses them. Look at the swastika.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    The swastika was appropriated by a political party that got into power and created a dictatorship and was responsible for starting wars and murdering millions of people. It's safe to say that symbol is toxic for a long time to come.

But what's the deal with the okay hand gesture? Trump liked using the hand gesture so some moronic white nationalists started using it and now I have to be careful when and how I use the hand gesture? It's absurd.

It's like saying white nationalists created an all blue flag as their symbol and now wearing blue makes you a white nationalists because a bunch of other morons deemed it racist to wear blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Kekistan vs Alt-Right for Pepe confirmed. Results pending.