Page 81 of 291 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    According to her, she fled the premises when the assault attempted to take place. That's not something you sweep under the rug, a la John Hughes hijinks.
    The Chicago police department straight up ran a torture program for minorities until the 1990s. I'm not sure you accurately remember the time before the internet if you don't think something like that could and constantly did get swept under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    The Chicago police department straight up ran a torture program for minorities until the 1990s. I'm not sure you accurately remember the time before the internet if you don't think something like that could and constantly did get swept under the rug.
    C'mon, Flimboi, you aren't telling me that sexual assault can be whittled down to "well this happened so this is no surprise."

3. Default

C'mon, Flimboi, you aren't telling me that sexual assault can be whittled down to "well this happened so this is no surprise."
    No, I'm not saying it can be whittled down to that. I'm saying it exactly as I said it above. It is not surprising to me that in a world that largely did not consider drunken teenagers groping each other sexual assault that an incident of that went unreported.

No, I'm not saying it can be whittled down to that. I'm saying it exactly as I said it above. It is not surprising to me that in a world that largely did not consider drunken teenagers groping each other sexual assault that an incident of that went unreported.
    At 16, if you can't tell someone directly that you are uncomfortable with their behavior and their grabbing and they don't stop, universally that's considered assault. You're putting an emphasis on 'well they were kids' to undercut the severity.
    Last edited by Astray; 09-21-2018 at 12:32 PM.

5. Default

At 16, if you can't tell someone directly that you are uncomfortable with their behavior and their grabbing and they don't stop, universally that's considered assault. You're putting an emphasis on 'well they were kids' to undercut the severity.
    No, I'm not. Go up and read what I wrote again.

No, I'm not. Go up and read what I wrote again.
    Is this going to turn into a situation where you're wrong but you're just going to insist you're right, even after you get banned from Discord?

7. Default

You're more than welcome to make an argument against something I didn't say. That's well within your right. But leave me out of it if you're going to do so.

You're more than welcome to make an argument against something I didn't say. That's well within your right. But leave me out of it if you're going to do so.
    So, yes. Okay. Good talk, Flimboi.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Personally, I feel Trump shouldn't talk about this. Let it play out. His tweeting about it helps nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Translation: See all those women who accused ME were lying! MeMeMeMeMeMe! "

He's making this situation worse for Congressional Republicans.
    Ya, this has always been the case. ALWAYS. That's why he said this in April, 2016, ""You know, I tweeted today, @realDonaldTrump. I tweet," Trump said.
    He added, "Don’t worry, I’ll give it up after I’m president. We won’t tweet anymore. I don’t know. Not presidential.”
    The remark comes days after wife Melania remarked that she wished her husband would tone down his Twitter habit.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Leave your partisan ship out of it. I'm talking about the process. Kavanaugh is going to be confirmed.
    Fuck dude, nothing partisan about expecting the president to act with a certain amount of restraint and civil demeanor. That's his job. He works for all of us and the Oval Office will be there after him. He shouldn't be shitting in it.

Weren't people around her aware of the attack? Why did none of those people take some form of proactive step to help the woman? You don't just, "Oh yeah, I heard she was raped. How about that weather?" You call the police and say, "I think there was an assault." This isn't a movie, cops don't fuck around with that.

I know, I know. The victim should be the one to do it but if you consider her your friend, you'd be there. Not gossiping about it like school girls. Where the fuck were her parents back then? Why did nobody show a suspected assault victim some humanity and help them?

Why now?
    It's complicated. Know that. If you have to find more information there are shit loads of articles about this stuff floating around right now. Don't carry the water for the victim blaming crowd. It's like a catholic saying how those buggered altar boys were pussies to not put a stop to being raped

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Fuck dude, nothing partisan about expecting the president to act with a certain amount of restraint and civil demeanor. That's his job. He works for all of us and the Oval Office will be there after him. He shouldn't be shitting in it.
    0 people were talking to you and that wasn't even what was being talked about. Kindly fuck off.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam