Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The War on Breastfeeding

Blog Entries

Here it is. So like, the top 4 funders pay more than everyone else combined. The fucking Gates Foundation pays more than Russia.

Last edited by Gelston; 07-09-2018 at 01:46 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Even if she's too stressed, tired, emotionally unable to? Why would you shame a woman for choosing to feed her baby in a way you don't agree with?
    Being stressed, tired, and emotionally drained is what it means to have a newborn!

Breastfeeding directly is much faster with less cleaning and preparation before/after feedings. If you're pumping during work, the two can be on par for the support activity, however, this also enables the continence of others handling some feedings. But if you're stressed/tired/emotionally unable to, wouldn't you want to do the least possible work? If the woman is pumping at work, then there's also the ability for the husband (if he's in the picture) to also support feedings to alleviate stress.

There's a defined benefit associated with breastfeed. Why are you supportive of people punishing their infant because they're too stressed/tired to provide them something that's cheaper, easier, faster, and better?

I'm also skeptical of the Tweet... I think what's more likely is that Trump supports it, but some minions got away from his grasp and overstepped their bounds due to external money.

For Gelston's graph... how does that compare to country GDP? I wonder if it's at least marginally more proportionate based on that? But definitely looks like something that can be improved.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    I'm a gigantic boob.
    Yes.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Here I thought the US' defense of this was bullshit, but seeing the vitriol in this thread spewed against women who use formula I'm beginning to think there might be some truth to their argument.
    I would argue there is more societle pressure to not breast feed with the whole"can't you do that in the bathroom" bullshit. Like it's gross or some shit.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    Being stressed, tired, and emotionally drained is what it means to have a newborn!

Breastfeeding directly is much faster with less cleaning and preparation before/after feedings. If you're pumping during work, the two can be on par for the support activity, however, this also enables the continence of others handling some feedings. But if you're stressed/tired/emotionally unable to, wouldn't you want to do the least possible work? If the woman is pumping at work, then there's also the ability for the husband (if he's in the picture) to also support feedings to alleviate stress.

There's a defined benefit associated with breastfeed. Why are you supportive of people punishing their infant because they're too stressed/tired to provide them something that's cheaper, easier, faster, and better?

I'm also skeptical of the Tweet... I think what's more likely is that Trump supports it, but some minions got away from his grasp and overstepped their bounds due to external money.

For Gelston's graph... how does that compare to country GDP? I wonder if it's at least marginally more proportionate based on that? But definitely looks like something that can be improved.
    China and Russia should be paying a lot more. No way UK should be funding more than China and no way a foundation should be paying more than Russia. Especially both of them being permanent security council members.
    Last edited by Gelston; 07-09-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Don't we already pay for most of the UN's operating costs?
    Yes, so we might as well own it.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

All the stories I've heard from people that use formula is that it's done with regret and shame. It's never a WANT not to breastfeed, it's usually just inability to, either because of a infant's inability to latch, or some other such cause. It's cheaper, and there are better health implications. It's kind of a no brainer.

I'm sure there are those that don't want to... But, I echo the points made so far.
    It's never a want not to breastfeed? Do you have any evidence of this?

My wife decided not to breastfeed. She didn't WANT to. So guess what: She didn't.

Kinda throws your "never" theory right out the window.

There are many women who don't breastfeed. Not sure where you are getting your information from, but it's incorrect.

ETA: And she didn't regret her decision nor has she felt any shame in her decision.
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 07-09-2018 at 03:01 PM.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    tldr: people are dumb as fuck, you can convince most of them of anything if you make it sound good
    I'm the same way with shit like margarine, why the fuck anyone ever ate that shit is beyond me. How the hell is that shit not staying in a solid form in my bloodstream when it won't even melt on my fucking toast?

The shit wasn't even yellow when it first came on the market, you had to crush a yellow dye pill and squish it around in a plastic bag.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 07-09-2018 at 11:46 PM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

There’s also scientific proof of certain foods being better for children and adults and a majority of folks in the US don’t adhere to those models either, as with health benefits of exercise and a whole slew of things. If That’s your hill to die on that’s fine but there are so many things that parents/adults/teens/kids don’t do that are obviously/commonly known to be better for them than an alternative and the latter is done.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    There’s also scientific proof of certain foods being better for children and adults and a majority of folks in the US don’t adhere to those models either, as with health benefits of exercise and a whole slew of things. If That’s your hill to die on that’s fine but there are so many things that parents/adults/teens/kids don’t do that are obviously/commonly known to be better for them than an alternative and the latter is done.
    Specific foods that are better are also usually more expensive foods. Some people just can't afford that shit.