Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Military Getting Rid of Foreigners

To be fair, the military can discharge you for whatever it wants. It says as much in the contract you sign.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    To be fair, the military can discharge you for whatever it wants. It says as much in the contract you sign.
    They weren't even actually in yet. They were on delayed enlistment, but until you actually complete initial training (boot camp and the various schools for your job) you can be admin sepped as if you were never in.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    They weren't even actually in yet. They were on delayed enlistment, but until you actually complete initial training (boot camp and the various schools for your job) you can be admin sepped as if you were never in.
    Oh. Well there ya go.

But it's the Trump administration. Trump is a racist who hates all foreigners because we all know all foreigners are black and brown. Ergo Trump personally kicked them out because they are brown.

Actually if I recall correctly you can be admin separated within 180 days after the first day one enters basic. I think for all services besides the Coast Guard that probably means a short time after A-School, or whatever the other services call the schools to get their MOS. The CG does not go right away from boot, not normally anyway, cooks might, but that is about it; everyone else goes to the field for a time then goes to school.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    Actually if I recall correctly you can be admin separated within 180 days after the first day one enters basic. I think for all services besides the Coast Guard that probably means a short time after A-School, or whatever the other services call the schools to get their MOS. The CG does not go right away from boot, not normally anyway, cooks might, but that is about it; everyone else goes to the field for a time then goes to school.
    You recall wrong. First 9 months after you hit your first unit.

You recall wrong. First 9 months after you hit your first unit.
    Maybe each service is different then. I know when I was but a wee lad, I was told if I did not get my shit into one sock they would kick me out so long as it was less than 180 days total service, so including boot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    Maybe each service is different then. I know when I was but a wee lad, I was told if I did not get my shit into one sock they would kick me out so long as it was less than 180 days total service, so including boot.
    Yeah they let them use failure to adapt as a reason to admin sep. It is a lot easier during training though. I only saw it used once in the actual Marine Corps.

Immigrants recruited for their language skills during prior Presidential administrations are being flagged as "disloyal" on counter-intelligence assessments if they admit that they keep up with lawsuits regarding the Military Accessions Vital to the National Interest program. When you're in the military, you have to put the country before your own self-interest.

“SHE follows the lawsuit by the MAVNIs and SHE feels like the MAVNIs are being harmed because they are described as a threat to National Security,” reads the counterintelligence assessment report shared with BuzzFeed News, using the shorthand for the Military Accessions Vital to the National Interest program, which has naturalized nearly 11,000 foreign-born service members since 2009.

The reports include a section labeled “Issues Discovered,” which lists seven categories: Financial, Loyalty, Character, Criminal, Honesty, Financial Ties, and Other. The screener then checks one of three boxes, indicating whether the recruit presents a major, moderate or minor risk based on those factors.

The “Loyalty” section also noted that “throughout the interview process SHE said due to […] delays with the MAVNI process, she feels discriminated against and denied her citizenship.”

More...

Pretty sure that when you sign on the line, you gave the country a blank check for anything and everything you have up to and including your life. It's pretty clear in the paperwork and they will give it to you in multiple languages. If you don't know this, then you are not paying attention when you sign up. If you are just there for a paycheck, citizenship or GI bill then likely you are not the most trustworthy person when it comes to national security and secrets.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie