Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Duskruin Bags of Holding

Default Duskruin Bags of Holding

Why don’t they just make stacking based on item name and some kind of item type meta field (potion, weapon, etc). Seems that would be an easy usefulness fix/improvement.

The fact that value and charges seem to be considered smells more like bad implementation rather than intentional. I could understand stack size matching though otherwise people could game the mechanic too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nocturnix; 07-13-2018 at 02:25 PM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Zarston View Post
    A bundle of wooden arrows were "too complex to be stored in the sack"
    I got to admit, this is really funny. Mechanically, I'm not sure why ammo would be too complicated to put in the sack. Is an item that has multiple sub-items is too much? My best guess is that they just don't want the bag to be used as a quiver at all. If arrows worked, a full power bag of holding could hold 100 unique stacks of 100 arrows. You could literally carry a 10,00 arrows weightlessly. Oh well. But as someone else already said, we still got warrior sheaths for arrows.

Oh and they are clearly cashing in on the fame of DnD's bag of holding. It's easily one universally useful items you could find during a game. Shame this things doesn't live up to it's name.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

Things are getting added:

You can now store both 1) bag of holding expanders, and 2) Duskruin Bag of Holding collectible pieces inside the Bag of Holding. I also made a minor update to a specific situation that may or may not affect an item that was previously blocked. However...

If you find items that will not stack inside the bag, please post them on this thread. Let me know 1) what the item is, 2) where you received the item, and 3) the error message you receive when you try to place the item inside the bag. (Side note: I am aware of the gem-stacking issue; for now, the gem jars are the best option for gem storage.)

Just like the L/D notes, the restrictions are wide until I can evaluate whether or not allowing them will break something. And if not, I can add exclusions to allow them.

~ Haliste ~
    SGM, Events
    Auntie H, Forever
    Last edited by Roblar; 07-13-2018 at 05:48 PM.

I know this is a bit off the main topic, but perhaps someone could explain the warrior sheaths for arrows benefit?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    Things are getting added:
    Nice!! Link to that thread?

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Nice!! Link to that thread?
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...=true&page=11#

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greng View Post
    I know this is a bit off the main topic, but perhaps someone could explain the warrior sheaths for arrows benefit?

Thanks.
    https://gswiki.play.net/Sheath_making

Arrows are considered weapons, and thus warrior-made quivers reduce the weight of arrows. Because of the way Gemstone calculates weight, for maximal weight reduction, arrows should be bundled into packs of 24.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Discord: danteprimus

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Why don’t they just make stacking based on item name and some kind of item type meta field (potion, weapon, etc). Seems that would be an easy usefulness fix/improvement.

The fact that value and charges seem to be considered smells more like bad implementation rather than intentional. I could understand stack size matching though otherwise people could game the mechanic too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They probably did it on purpose, citing omgrealism. For a bag with weigh reducing properties. Because those are realistic. #SimuLogic
    Last edited by Methais; 07-17-2018 at 11:06 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    They probably did it on purpose, citing omgrealism.
    One of the trends over the years that I have really disliked. My character spent half an hour last night fighting intelligent lizard creatures and sentient water beings, who really cares if she can put a shield in her boots?