Thread: Critique my CMANs. Which of my CMAN's are the most useless?

Default Critique my CMANs. Which of my CMAN's are the most useless?

Code:
    Skill name             Mnemonic        Ranks
    Combat Movement        cmovement         5
    Combat Focus           focus             5
    Specialization I       wspec1            5
    Weapon Bonding         bonding           5
    Combat Mobility        mobility          2
    Combat Toughness       toughness         1
    Parry Mastery          pmastery          3
    Cunning Defense        cdefense          5
    Spell Parry            sparry            3
    Griffin's Voice        griffin           1
    I'm trying to recover some CMAN points for other stuff, basically I'm mainly concerned about Cunning Defense, Combat Mobility, and Parry Mastery. I'm a warrior without a shield, btw.

Parry Mastery - is there any actual benefit to having 15% parry chance vs just letting the attack go straight to your DS?

Combat Mobility - I'm questioning this choice because berserk keeps me upright anyway, and even when I'm down, I don't really take much damage. This CMAN also eats up stamina.

Cunning Defense - I still don't fully understand the benefit of having higher CML defense and in which cases that is useful.

Also, I'm missing Surge of Strength because I assume it does nothing when you already have +20 str bonus from enhansives?

were it me, I would keep parry, keep mobility (at least rank 1) drop cunning defense and combat movement, drop WSPEC down to 3-4, drop spell parry to 2.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    Code:
    Combat Movement        cmovement         5
    Combat Focus           focus             5
    Combat Mobility        mobility          2
    Cunning Defense        cdefense          5
    Griffin's Voice        griffin           1
    I'm trying to recover some CMAN points for other stuff, basically I'm mainly concerned about Cunning Defense, Combat Mobility, and Parry Mastery. I'm a warrior without a shield, btw.

Parry Mastery - is there any actual benefit to having 15% parry chance vs just letting the attack go straight to your DS?

Combat Mobility - I'm questioning this choice because berserk keeps me upright anyway, and even when I'm down, I don't really take much damage. This CMAN also eats up stamina.

Cunning Defense - I still don't fully understand the benefit of having higher CML defense and in which cases that is useful.

Also, I'm missing Surge of Strength because I assume it does nothing when you already have +20 str bonus from enhansives?
    Do you have low enough DS that things can hit you? If yes, it's still helpful. if no, not really. I thought it was one of the best CMans I had on my TWC (so it double dipped with two parry chances) warrior with shit gear and just massies for spells. My spell-train heavy monk with 7x armor, 3x dodge and a full wizard spellup usually where I could lay down in the room and not even come close to being hit...not so much. The exception to that is if you were to run mongoose, which you aren't.

1 rank of mobility is usually enough, especially if you're berserking more often than not. But if you get caught out and proned by a random ewave or whatever, pretty great return on investment for 5 points.

What do you not understand about CML defense? if things are ever doing CML attacks to you (bandits with groin strike, sweep, etc. critters tackling / bull rushing / charging / etc.) you defend better. Low endrolls = lower damage, lower chance to knock you down, stun you, put you in RT lock, etc. If say, a bandit needs to roll a 60 to knock you down with sweep, if you have cunning defense mastered now they need to roll a ~75 or whatever.

Correct on surge. Your total bonus to a stat can't exceed +20 bonus.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post

Parry Mastery - yes, especially with spell parry giving you bolt spell protection, which DS probably won't help you with

Combat Mobility - If you rely on berserk to stand you back up, you'll "waste" a round of berserk and go 10 seconds between attacks. That doesn't always end well. 2 ranks is not necessary, but I took it when I had nothing better to spend points on.

Cunning Defense - I don't love it. 5 ranks of cdef is like having 1 rank of every cman for defensive purposes. Never felt like enough to make a difference by itself.

Combat Movement - I agree with Ososis. Drop it. You've got to have a better use for 20 CM points than +10 DS. Anything is a better use of 20 CM points. Hell, you can trade it straight-up for 4 ranks of Combat Focus and you've gone from +10 DS to +8 TD, which is way more useful for a warrior.

Specialization - I also agree with Oso on WSPEC, 4 and 5 are 8 and 10 CM points for +2 AS and +2 CML attack/defense bonus each, assuming the CM uses a weapon. If you're using weapon-based CMs enough, it might be worth the points, but it's definitely not worth it for the AS. (3 ranks are required for bonding.)
    Last edited by Gnomad; 07-11-2018 at 11:48 PM.

I would probably drop the last rank of focus and movement. That last 2 points of TD is pretty pricey for a small amount. If it were me I'd turn around and put those points into griffin's voice, or some coup for entertainment value.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Here's my TWC twin star user.

Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
    Mighty Blow mblow 1
    Sunder Shield sunder 4
    Charge charge 3
    Subdual Strike sstrike 3
    Specialization I wspec1 3
    Weapon Bonding bonding 5
    Combat Mobility mobility 1
    Combat Toughness toughness 2
    Bull Rush bullrush 2
    Surge of Strength surge 2
    Parry Mastery pmastery 3
    Cunning Defense cdefense 5
    Spell Parry sparry 3
    Griffin's Voice griffin 2
    Whirling Dervish dervish 2

In my opinion, very little is worth having the maximum amount of ranks. Just bonding, and spell parry are worth it for me. I'd drop down to 4 ranks of CDEF, but there's not much I can do with it to make that much of a difference.

I keep dervish for myself when hunting in a capped area, and Griffin's Voice to help others when they hunt undead.

I have one roleplay manuever I use, which is Sunder Shield. Everything else is passive/defensive.
    LadyXXXXXXX: I guess I just like swallowing.
    LadyXXXXXXX: OMG that thing is HUGE

Tyrillian [General]: "Do you worship V'tull?"
    You [General]: "V'tull worships me."

Good feedback. I have currently reworked it as follows:

Code:
    Combat Movement        cmovement         2
    Combat Focus           focus             4
    Combat Mobility        mobility          1
    Cunning Defense        cdefense          4
    Stance of the Mongoose mongoose          3
    Tainted Bond           tainted           1
    I'm not sold on Tainted Bond though, so may revert back from it and put some points back into mobility (to save that berserk round, which I didn't think about...) as well as back into combat focus for the +2 TD. Being a warrior TD is really the Achilles heel, so need all I can get there.