Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: New Treasure: Collectibles!

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    Different? Of course they are the same. And they are more valuable than a static 1000 xp.
    If they're the same, then how is one better than the other? Both are worth up to 1000 exp, both can be used whenever you want (I would assume with the coillection reward), etc.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    If they're the same, then how is one better than the other? Both are worth up to 1000 exp, both can be used whenever you want (I would assume with the coillection reward), etc.
    I was responding to audioserfs comment about how it would have been better to get a static 1k xp.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

I concede that an Instant Clearer is strategically every so slightly better than a flat 1k.

Either is still a garbage reward.

I think they're a nice boost, but can't speak cor how appropriately they fit into this new system.

I mostly just save them and then burn them up while doing Duskruin arena runs. You can use one halfway through and still come out saturated at the end.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

The 1k exp seems generic to any common set, and tied to the achievement... but I'm curious about the 10k silvers.

I kinda assumed the rewards were unique depending on the set, like turn in silver wand shavings and get a charged silver wand (or a pile of uncharged ones), turn in rainbow garments and get a Rainbowear item, turn in guild tokens and get a guild night form. Now I'm wondering if it's just coincidence that the profession figurines' reward is silver and it's the first one I completed, or if they're all silver.

I hope they're not all silver. :P

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    I concede that an Instant Clearer is strategically every so slightly better than a flat 1k.

Either is still a garbage reward.
    I don't and I'll actually say it is worse than just +1k perm XP (not in your mind)

With an instant mind clear, you need to bring your mind to below whatever state it is, thus giving up absorption XP (saturated to clear), since you won't go immediately back to saturated. So in actuality, the opportunity cost of the instant mind clear costs you the pulse XP you lose from bringing your mind out of saturation.

With helping a friend out in a bounty, just do it saturated, then when you get back to fried, turn it in...

Ososis has not convinced me.
    Last edited by Dantx; 07-19-2018 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantx View Post
    I don't and I'll actually say it is worse than just +1k perm XP (not in your mind)

With an instant mind clear, you need to bring your mind to below whatever state it is, thus giving up absorption XP (saturated to clear), since you won't go immediately back to saturated. So in actuality, the opportunity cost of the instant mind clear costs you the pulse XP you lose from bringing your mind out of saturation.

With helping a friend out in a bounty, just do it saturated, then when you get back to fried, turn it in...

Ososis has not convinced me.
    I’m willing to explain facts, but I’m not here to convince folks that 5 is greater 4. It just is. If you look at an hour of doing bounties, one with an extra 1k added, another with a absorb boost, one nets you more XP, BP, and silver in that hour than the other.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

If I'm hunting fried and use an instant mind clear, it's like printing money. 1000xp straight to the mind. In 3 minutes I'm back to fried. So maybe there's a small loss in pulse for maybe 3 pulses, in exchange for 1000xp I can't lose by dying.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    I’m willing to explain facts, but I’m not here to convince folks that 5 is greater 4. It just is. If you look at an hour of doing bounties, one with an extra 1k added, another with a absorb boost, one nets you more XP, BP, and silver in that hour than the other.
    If it's so obvious it should be trivial to explain then.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    If it's so obvious it should be trivial to explain then.
    It is. 3 bounties in an hour +1k experience is less than 4 bounties in a hour +1k. Being able to squeeze extra bounties gives additional BP, silver, and instant saturation absorption.