Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Official: New Treasure: Collectibles!

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    If you took the development time out of collectibles and Reim Defense and put them into stuff people actually wanted, I bet nobody would be missing spells anymore.
    Playing Devil's Advocate....

GM's probably had energy & creativity to make the collectibles & Reim Defense systems, compared to the energy required for implementing the spells & other systems that people actually want.

Don't get me wrong, I think the implementation of the collectibles was kind of a waste of time, but if that's what the GM(s) that coded it wanted to do, then that's what we get.
    ~ Just another Crazy Cat Lady, living the life. ~
    ~ Player of Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai, and plenty of others. ~
    ~ Have something to say to me? Tell me anonymously! ~

I like the system, but for as rare as the drops are the rewards are terrible.

3. Default

You know it's not a good system if i am not doing it lol

4. Default

You make your request to the attendant, who nods to you, and says, "Very well. I shall redeem the Gold Coins set for you."
    The attendant hands you a dull gold coin as your reward.

Quote Originally Posted by sellstuff1 View Post
    You make your request to the attendant, who nods to you, and says, "Very well. I shall redeem the Gold Coins set for you."
    The attendant hands you a dull gold coin as your reward.
    omg

With that kind of money, you could buy the Supreme Court. Nicely done, sellstuff1
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but didn't Simu say when this trash came out that they were going to announce what the rare/ultra rare rewards were gonna be "soon?"
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Maybe I'm remembering wrong but didn't Simu say when this trash came out that they were going to announce what the rare/ultra rare rewards were gonna be "soon?"
    In their defense, "soon" usually means less than a decade. It was what, 7 years for ranged weapons, 6 and counting for monk spells, only 9 and counting I think for savants (They were 2009, right?)

Edit to add: Smelt your weapons down for slabs, 2019!!
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 09-21-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I already got a rare award. It is the same shit as anything else.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Are there any nice rewards?

On a more philosophical note, this is a game that revolves around hunting. They pretty clearly rolled this out to add an extra dimension to hunting that could benefit everyone (and not just one profession, as a spell release would have done). That wasn't a bad judgement call.

Plus, this isn't a combat system. It's a fluff system with one combat "integration". I doubt this took a ton of a combat Dev GMs time (though that's just a guess).

It's okay to say that the implementation of the system isn't what you would have preferred, but it wasn't a bad call to roll out a system that gives more dimension to combat that anyone can benefit from.
    Last edited by time4fun; 09-21-2018 at 09:56 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Are there any nice rewards?

On a more philosophical note, this is a game that revolves around hunting. They pretty clearly rolled this out to add an extra dimension to hunting that could benefit everyone (and not just one profession, as a spell release would have done). That wasn't a bad judgement call.

Plus, this isn't a combat system. It's a fluff system with one combat "integration". I doubt this took a ton of a combat Dev GMs time (though that's just a guess).

It's okay to say that the implementation of the system isn't what you would have preferred, but it wasn't a bad call to roll out a system that gives more dimension to combat that anyone can benefit from.
    No. There aren't any nice rewards. Unless you consider 10k a nice reward or an instant mind clearerer, which you get for the associated achievement, worth the time. I turned in a rare set and got 2 instant mind clearers (there were two associated achievements) and 10k.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam