Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Official: New Treasure: Collectibles!

Quote Originally Posted by Stumplicker View Post
    The reward is that you are still subscribed two months later. It's not a reward for you; it's a reward for the company. Whether or not you liked your end of the reward, you were given a task, however pointless, and convinced that it was both "free" and done for your enjoyment. It included a sense of progression as you finished collectible after collectible hoping that maybe the next one would give you some sort of cumulative "You finished 15 collectibles! Here's a 4x RPA!" boost. Meanwhile you didn't get bored and quit. Welcome to the bar filling model. When players become immune to the gratification of the base bar filling (experience and levels, capping), more bars are added to fill.
    This might be true if even 1 person was about to quit and then collectibles came out and they were like "Oh fuck hold the phone, I gotta check this out first!!!"

But that number is zero.

Wasn't Simu supposed to make some announcement about what the "good" rewards were going to be?
    Last edited by Methais; 09-07-2018 at 01:25 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    This might be true if even 1 person was about to quit and then collectibles came out and they were like "Oh fuck hold the phone, I gotta check this out first!!!"

But that number is zero.
    You're right. Simutronics has no attrition, nor has it ever had any. Added goals to fill additional bars like continually upgrading one's gear through a smithy, finishing and tricking out one's doll in a cash grab mansion, filling your daily allotment of ghost bucks, or improving the functionality of your trivia fanny pack have never been added to the game in order to extend the functional playtime before boredom.

Bars to fill are added to extend playtime and a player's investment in the game. That's how this gaming model works. This is a shitty bar with shitty rewards, but yes, that is exactly why it was added: To extend the playtime and interest of anyone who decided to participate in it.

You weren't asked to throw simucoins at it, so the rewards are bound to be less than impressive. Impressive bar filling rewards come from rapidfiring simucoins into the game so your script can answer a trivia question to improve your bonus by 0.01%.
    Last edited by Stumplicker; 09-07-2018 at 02:40 PM.

You're right. Simutronics has no attrition, nor has it ever had any. Added goals to fill additional bars like continually upgrading one's gear through a smithy, finishing and tricking out one's doll in a cash grab mansion, filling your daily allotment of ghost bucks, or improving the functionality of your trivia fanny pack have never been added to the game in order to extend the functional playtime before boredom.

Bars to fill are added to extend playtime and a player's investment in the game. That's how this gaming model works. This is a shitty bar with shitty rewards, but yes, that is exactly why it was added: To extend the playtime and interest of anyone who decided to participate in it.

You weren't asked to throw simucoins at it, so the rewards are bound to be less than impressive. Impressive bar filling rewards come from rapidfiring simucoins into the game so your script can answer a trivia question to improve your bonus by 0.01%.
    I seriously doubt that after maybe the first week at best, anybody at all went out of their way to do anything involving collectibles other than turning in the ones that they happened to find, assuming they didn't just let ;sloot sell it because they gave zero fucks about being rewarded with a smooth stone.

If Simu leaves this as is, it'll probably go down as the biggest joke of a system in GS history, which is really saying something.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I seriously doubt that after maybe the first week at best, anybody at all went out of their way to do anything involving collectibles other than turning in the ones that they happened to find, assuming they didn't just let ;sloot sell it because they gave zero fucks about being rewarded with a smooth stone.

If Simu leaves this as is, it'll probably go down as the biggest joke of a system in GS history, which is really saying something.
    It's definitely an underwhelming system that nobody was asking for. That's for sure. And in a game where there are plenty of things that people HAVE asked for that have been ignored for years, that's extra shitty.

If you took the development time out of collectibles and Reim Defense and put them into stuff people actually wanted, I bet nobody would be missing spells anymore.

If you took the development time out of collectibles and Reim Defense and put them into stuff people actually wanted, I bet nobody would be missing spells anymore.
    Playing Devil's Advocate....

GM's probably had energy & creativity to make the collectibles & Reim Defense systems, compared to the energy required for implementing the spells & other systems that people actually want.

Don't get me wrong, I think the implementation of the collectibles was kind of a waste of time, but if that's what the GM(s) that coded it wanted to do, then that's what we get.
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

I like the system, but for as rare as the drops are the rewards are terrible.

7. Default

You know it's not a good system if i am not doing it lol

You make your request to the attendant, who nods to you, and says, "Very well. I shall redeem the Gold Coins set for you."
    The attendant hands you a dull gold coin as your reward.

Quote Originally Posted by sellstuff1 View Post
    You make your request to the attendant, who nods to you, and says, "Very well. I shall redeem the Gold Coins set for you."
    The attendant hands you a dull gold coin as your reward.
    omg

With that kind of money, you could buy the Supreme Court. Nicely done, sellstuff1
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but didn't Simu say when this trash came out that they were going to announce what the rare/ultra rare rewards were gonna be "soon?"