Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: New Treasure: Collectibles!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    They could always just up the drop rate on wands rather than design an entirely new system.
    I'd see this as a way to supplement it without actually having wands fall all over the fucking place.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like the idea. I don't like the way they implemented it. For shit as weak as a wand those items should be a lot more common. I'm thinking it would be a great thing for low level characters that still depend on wands, but I have found only one thing on my low level characters and it was an Arkati statue.

I don't know if something is borked and certain things aren't being found at the frequency intended or what.
    Yeah, I'm with ya.

I'm really hoping hunting pressure doesn't affect it, which would be a problem for capped hunting, but I bet it does.
    And on the flip side I'm also really hoping that it isn't limited by whatever the mechanic is that makes sure kobolds and such never drop diamonds, but I bet that affects it too. Maybe I'll test that some time this week and take one of my lower level abandoned characters to a decently swarmy place like the Wehntoph...

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    They could always just up the drop rate on wands rather than design an entirely new system.
    The drop rate on wands is already better than the drop rate on collectibles that reward an inferior version of the same wand than a critter found one.

Simu logic.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I'm curious to see if this went through any focus testing or if this was like "Yeah they'll love this" and it got implemented quicker than they thought it would.

Fuck this trash.
    That too, the whole system is garbage and gets wrecked by scroll infusion in every possible way other than you can’t wear scrolls.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

5. Default

Scroll infusion stomps out mage recharging similar to how Ensorcelling is more user friendly/more profitable for less work than enchanting. Sorcerors basically get a free extra couple million silvers a week just for hunting which they would already be doing.

edit: and they can't fail and lock an item until a merchant unlocks it LMAO why did mages get hosed so hard. Just remove the base 3% fail rate! Just take it out! Don't tie it to an incredibly infrequent GM merchant service!
    Last edited by audioserf; 07-24-2018 at 12:39 PM.

"What's the most bland, un-intuitive way to introduce mediocre items and call it an achievement? I mean we have a treasure system that's pretty busted already but we should break it down even further until we've got literal heaps of shit burying the *NEW* treasure stuff. This should really be a second job and not a fun implemented thing for shits and giggles."

-Some massive gaping anus at Simu.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    "What's the most bland, un-intuitive way to introduce mediocre items and call it an achievement? I mean we have a treasure system that's pretty busted already but we should break it down even further until we've got literal heaps of shit burying the *NEW* treasure stuff. This should really be a second job and not a fun implemented thing for shits and giggles."

-Some massive gaping anus at Simu.
    >onduty

Staff on duty:

GameMaster Goatse

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    >onduty

Staff on duty:

GameMaster Goatse
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Methais again.
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    edit: and they can't fail and lock an item until a merchant unlocks it LMAO
    You can use a sarmoc potion on a locked item to reset/unlock it and start again (takes about a day to reset). I think the point of locking is that you can go a merchant who can basically magic away the catastrophic failure and let you have another go at the final cast without having a destroyed item which you can't use a sarmoc potion on or magic back into being.

edit- but I have to say I was with you when I got a locked item, I thought well I might as well throw this away since I very rarely visit merchants but then I found out about sarmoc potions and thought oh well it's not that bad.
    Last edited by Winter; 07-24-2018 at 05:33 PM.

I have not used a sarmoc in a looong time. does the pour just remove the last temper or take it all the way back to step one?

I vaguely remember losing all progress but that could just be fried neurons.