Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48

Thread: For Trade: One blinkrot mace

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pereus View Post
    My lance can't cast 1630 or 635 for 0 mana when it flares
    Fixed!

  2. #22

    Default

    OH SNAP! I can't hear you over those shots fired!
    I triggered a Flimbo.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Flimbo: "Yeah, turns out that whole "monks have bad TD" argument didn't hold up, so you can stop harping on that anytime. I wrote a program to prove it. You wanna see it?"

  3. #23

    Default

    Lance doesn't need to proc flares when the attack resolves in a death.... dear. That's beside the fact that 1630 flare rate would be horrible and is also an AoE. But ya know, whatevs!


    Why? Because racecar.

  4. #24

    Default

    The aoe is the fun part .

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pereus View Post
    Lance doesn't need to proc flares when the attack resolves in a death.... dear. That's beside the fact that 1630 flare rate would be horrible and is also an AoE. But ya know, whatevs!
    For what it's worth, I noticed no significant difference in flare rate of 1615 vs 1630 using twc blink weapons... perhaps there is a difference but far from horrible. Also this was with 100 spell ranks so maybe at some point the flares for the two spells are the same.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adred View Post
    For what it's worth, I noticed no significant difference in flare rate of 1615 vs 1630 using twc blink weapons... perhaps there is a difference but far from horrible. Also this was with 100 spell ranks so maybe at some point the flares for the two spells are the same.
    Yeah the flare rate on 1630 is great. The blink flare rate formula was changed at some point, it's no longer 1/<spell level>. No one knows what it is now, but higher level spells flare much more often than before. I'd say my 1630 rate is at least standard flare rate.
    Last edited by time4fun; 07-03-2018 at 11:56 PM.

  7. #27

    Default

    Yeah, the base rate seems to be either 15 or 20% from my testing. I could fit either an increase of 1%/5 ranks or 1%/10 ranks respectively, but then I got distracted by another alt build and lockered it heh.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    24,208
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Fixed!
    The fact remains that it is still a lance, so it wins by default.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aluvius View Post
    Yeah, the base rate seems to be either 15 or 20% from my testing. I could fit either an increase of 1%/5 ranks or 1%/10 ranks respectively, but then I got distracted by another alt build and lockered it heh.
    The base rate could be 100% and it still wouldn't matter on a weapon that is MCW+. The resolution of the attack results in death. Flares are null and void. 1 flare, 5 flares, 20 flares, it doesn't matter. OP doesn't seem to understand that.


    Why? Because racecar.

  10. #30

    Default

    Also the rotflares are just odd for a paladin (or priest I guess because of the sanctification). To make it anything worthwhile we'd have to take otherwise useless lores to up the damage. It's a very specific weapon for a very specific person IMO.
    Last edited by Erous; 07-04-2018 at 08:31 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •