Thread: 9x (+41) Buckler, max light

1. Default 9x (+41) Buckler, max light

I've got this relic of a buckler that I'm just not using much these days. Exploring the value I could get for it.

An ancient explorer's buckler. Show: The rugged appearance of the buckler material suggests that it has been on many journeys in its lifetime.

It's a 9x buckler that is +41. For reasons I don't understand it inspects as a medium shield, not small. It's from the era when bucklers were new to the lands and exceptionally light, so it has always weighed less than 2 lbs. I had it altered at the last mithril juggernaut and enchanted around the same time. I don't even remember its off-the-shelf enchant or description.

Thx

Lord Kordoc
    Last edited by Lord Kordoc; 06-29-2018 at 05:15 AM.

When shield sizes were released, all existing shields were made medium shields regardless of their description (there are still wall shields that inspect as medium too). So, it prolly comes from before then.

No clue about it's value, but I'd guess it would be in the tens of millions at least.

As far as the size, yeah, all shields used to be medium, but when they made the update, you could go to the town smith and convert them to the size associated with their base noun. So you could sell this as a medium shield and allow the purchaser to convert it (permanently) into a small shield if they preferred. Shield size factors into training, so it's nice to have the option.

5. Default

It is most likely an altered fire sprite wing buckler. Only shield I know of that is <1lbs with that off enchant. Originally they were +31.
    Last edited by andrew wiggin; 06-29-2018 at 09:34 AM.

6. Default

Haha nailed it. That's exactly what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew wiggin View Post
    It is most likely an altered fire sprite wing buckler. Only shield I know of that is <1lbs with that off enchant. Originally they were +31.

7. Default

Fantastic. That answers that question exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Palcron View Post
    As far as the size, yeah, all shields used to be medium, but when they made the update, you could go to the town smith and convert them to the size associated with their base noun. So you could sell this as a medium shield and allow the purchaser to convert it (permanently) into a small shield if they preferred. Shield size factors into training, so it's nice to have the option.

I'd say somewhere around 22-25 mil value on that. It basically is 8x, but that extra +1 being a little generous in estimate on something extra.