Thread: invdb.lic - Cross-character searching & tracking of inventory, lockers, bank accounts

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default

As people who run with different front ends and settings play with the script, I'll post bugs that come up here until I get them fixed.

current bugs:

persistent bugs (bugs that I'm not sure how to correct just yet):
    • scraping items from the locker manifest for towns you aren't in won't return a noun in the item link like you see when you are nearby or like you see in inventory full. Best guess right now is the last word in the item name, but that's hit or miss. It'll effect the item type, as the noun is passed along with the name to get that based on your `GameObj.type_data`. For now, I've tried to set it so that it will update the noun and type of items if you are getting the local manifest, and leave them alone if you aren't.

squished bugs: as of v0.2.3
    • Dirvy provided xml and testing scraping for locker manifest, as well as helped catch tons of bugs before release
    • Dirvy found and helped resolve an inventory scraping bug (sometimes spaces are in weird places)
    • Rovvigen found and helped resolve a bug that would stall on checking bank accounts (I need to watch out for plurals in regex)
    • Jalodg found and helped resolve a bug with jars in nested containers "I could not find what you were referring to." - Jalodg found a bug with getting the contents of jars in nested containers in inventory e.g. greatcloak > backpack > jar.
    • locker transit bug, probably.
    • Szyxt found an unhandled manifest issue for when you haven't visited the local locker before using the manifest for it
    • Selaesia found and helped resolve a bug where opened secure gem pouches weren't closed again
    • inventory window in stormfront is blank after running refresh. (now runs unsquelched 'inven' command after refreshing inventory)
    • Ondreian found and helped resolve some query bugs and linux/profanity specific issues
    • Luxelle pointed out the need for a default game_filter for the current game, so you wouldn't have to remember to add a game filter if you load invdb up on the test server as well.
    • Kragdruk found issues with using an old version of sqlite, script updated to check sqlite versions.
    • Tsalin found and helped solve an issue with standard lockers that aren't visible in the room (RR / Twilight)
    • Luxelle pointed out some confusion with the delete command, updated to make it behave more intuitively.

temporary patches
    • Patches in collectible item type data when it doesn't exist.

Sometimes the script will output some debug information to let you know it's having trouble with something, e.g.

For whatever reason, sometimes the amount of lines pulled for inventory scans doesn't add up to the number of lines it should be. So it will try again (up to 4 times at the moment). That can look like this:

Code:
    updating inventory...
    [invdb: parse count: 398 != displayed count: 425]
    [invdb: retrying after error in scan & parse: inv full]
    [invdb: match_fail_count = 0]
    [invdb: match_fail_lines: ]
    [invdb: starting attempt #2]
    [invdb: parse count: 0 != displayed count: 425]
    [invdb: starting attempt #3]
    [invdb: parse count: 0 != displayed count: 425]
    [invdb: starting attempt #4]
    updating locker(s)...
    finished updating all
    The above managed to grab the correct amount of lines of the fourth attempt. If it hadn't, it would have given up (and spit out a bunch more debug information).
    Last edited by Xanlin; 07-08-2018 at 07:52 PM.